Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
Position Title: Applications Architect
Status: Full Time
Faculty/Department: Information Technology Services
Campus/Location: This position can be done in office or remote.
What you will do:
Reporting to Manager, Enterprise Technology in ITS Enterprise Applications, the Applications Architect is responsible for collaborating with business partners and ITS to develop an understanding of the desired business outcomes for all campuses across the institution, to incorporate the “big picture” view of enterprise applications platforms, services, and technology, and to create effective plans for existing, new, and proposed applications architecture development and integrations. The incumbent provides comprehensive plans to effectively leverage best practices for technology design, configuration, and deployment across a suite of multiple and growing enterprise applications including but not limited to: Student Information Systems (SIS), Financial Information Systems (FIS), Operational Data Stores (ODS), Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS), Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Systems, Real Estate Education Program (REEP) Information Systems, Flexible Registration Systems, Identity systems and their related ERP integrations
- Serve as a trusted advisor and senior consultant to senior administration and campus clients to advise on optimal solutions. Ensure projects align with the objectives of the college and IT Services.
- Fulfill the role of primary contact for consultations pertaining to application architecture by defining, evaluating, and recommending ERP application architecture requirements and strategies, including the integration and coordination of applications, and the associated interface design.
- Provide applications architecture expertise in support of college-wide operations, by developing an understanding of Humber’s core business and future plan, and the various college architectures and services provided by the college to its internal and external clients.
- Provide highly confidential strategic advice to senior management to support key business proposals. Future business opportunities will have limited details available, contain a high level of ambiguity, be highly confidential due to staffing impacts, labour relations and competitive advantage and will be very time sensitive. The incumbent will need to understand the business needs, how those translate into technical applications requirements and relate to the current state of the complex enterprise application architecture.
- Research and assess applications architecture, products and services including integration models, application/infrastructure usage patterns, systems analysis/design, and modelling methods. Assesses risks and risk mitigation strategies and manage those risks.
- Lead the creation of application architecture standards, procedures, processes, methods, techniques, and controls to ensure optimum delivery, consistency in integration and deployment, while incorporating industry best practices.
- Utilize state-of-the-art approaches that reflect the ability of enterprise applications to implement digital strategies and deliver on business objectives.
What you bring to the role:
- 4-year degree in Information Technology (or equivalent computer science degree) from a recognized educational institution or equivalent training and experience in ERP applications architecture planning, development, integration, and deployment within an enterprise-wide client-focused environment.
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional Certification considered an asset.
- The minimum practical experience required is 7 years in a progressively complex enterprise systems environment.
- Knowledge of applications architecture, strategic architecture planning, database concepts, virtualization, cloud computing, applications architecture development and integration within an enterprise IT environment.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, industry trends, enterprise applications and architecture-related technical and business planning, strong appreciation of multiple architecture domains.
- Demonstrated client relations skills to meet diverse client business needs from a technical architecture perspective.
- Experience in Education and/or Broader Public Sector preferred.
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Work /Life balance and above-average days off due to College closure schedules
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at email@example.com
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Position Type: FT Administration
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Information Technology
Duration of Need: FT Permanent
Deadline to Apply: October 24, 2021
Job Posting: 10/8/21
Department: Information Technology Services