POSITION: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR – FIRST LANGUAGE
DEPARTMENT: EDUCATION SERVICES
COMPETITION NUMBER: ESADFL2110-01
LOCATION: NUNAVIK COMMUNITY TO BE DETERMINED
STATUS: FULL-TIME REGULAR POSITION
STARTING DATE: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Director of Education Services and in cooperation with other administrators of the Education Services Department, the Assistant Director is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the following programs: Inuktitut first language, Mathematics, Science, Social Study, and PSD.
- Develops guidelines and programs for optimal use of the funds available;
- Plans and Coordinates the development of programs and materials in Inuktitut;
- Manages the budget of the Service.
- Undergraduate degree in an appropriate field certifying a university program of at least three years or has held a senior management or executive position in a school board where a university degree is a minimum requirement;
- Six (6) years of relevant experience, including team management experience;
- A teaching license recognized under the Education Act for Cree, Inuit and Naskapi Native Persons (R.S.Q., c. I-14).
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualification requirements if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Good command of spoken and written Inuktitut and good knowledge of English or French;
- Leadership and ability to promote teamwork;
- Willing to travel.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 9* as per the working conditions of KI’s managers: from $89,924 to $119,896 annually depending on qualifications and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible for other benefits such as:
- 30 days of annual vacation
- Up to 10 recuperation days
- Two weeks of vacation during the Holiday season
and, when applicable, additional benefits such as:
- Northern and housing allowance
- Social trips and food cargo
- Summer schedule
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To apply, pick one of the following ways:
- Visit our career website (https://career.kativik.qc.ca/) and click on “Apply”, or
- Send your CV to email@example.com and indicate ESADFL2110-01 in the subject of the e-mail.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.