POSITION: CERTIFIED MAINTENANCE WORKER (REGIONAL – SEVERAL POSITIONS)
DEPARTMENT: MATERIAL RESOURCES
COMPETITION NUMBER: REGCERTIF2108-08
LOCATION: NUNAVIK COMMUNITY TO BE DETERMINED
STATUS: REGULAR FULL TIME
STARTING DATE: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
The main and usual role of the employee in this employment category is to carry out maintenance, repair and transformation work in several construction trades.
- This employee performs or assists in general maintenance or preventive maintenance work on all equipment and operational systems of the school board.
- He must be prepared to travel and go to other villages according to a work schedule as well as in case of emergency.
- If necessary, he will perform any other related tasks.
- May be required to coordinate the work of other maintenance workers.
Have a diploma or vocational training in a building specialty related to the employment category or have a diploma or certificate of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authorities and have at least 4 years of relevant experience (e. g. electrician, plumber, etc.).
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.)
- Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, painting, mechanics and plumbing in order to be able to carry out maintenance and repairs.
- Experience with heating and ventilation systems and their setting would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of at least two of the school board’s three languages (Inuktitut, French, English).
- Hold a driver’s license.
WORKING HOURS: 38,75 hours per week.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
In accordance with the AENQ collective agreement for support employees, this position belongs to job category 5117, which is from $26.26/hr, plus an isolation premium of $10,015 to $20,825 prorated based on the duration of the contract and the task.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 20 days of annual vacation
- 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
Deadline: Position is open until filled.
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
You must indicate REGCERTIF2108-08 in the subject of the email
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.