Compensation & Benefits Specialist, HROE, FT Admin
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
Position Title: Compensation and Benefits Specialist
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Faculty/Department: Total Rewards, Human Resources & Organizational Effectiveness
Campus/Location: This position is currently remote but will be returning to a hybrid work schedule in 2022
Salary Range: $80,303 – $120,455
What you will do:
Reporting to the Manager Total Rewards, the Compensation benefits Specialist administers, interprets, and provides guidance on all items related to compensation, benefits and pension while adhering to Collective Agreements, Terms and Conditions of Employment, internal and external policies, and legislative requirements.
In addition, this position collaborates on:
- Collaborates on sick leave administration and reporting.
- Establishes and maintains employee records from initial hire through to retirement.
- Acts as the central point of contact for a designated group of employees in regard to compensation, benefits and pension administration enquiries.
- Provides advice to HR Business Partners on compensation, benefits, and pension related issues.
- Liaises with payroll to resolve anomalies in a timely manner and provides advice on compensation, benefits, leaves, appointments, and severance.
- Ensures all established audit processes are adhered to and escalate any discrepancies in a timely manner; consults with vendors and service providers on program initiatives and improvements; recommends and implements new improvements to best practice and procedures.
- Coordinates and/or lead special HR projects/initiatives, working collaboratively to ensure the delivery of outcomes and timelines.
What you bring to the role:
- An Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, business administration or a related field; or a combination of related work experience and education.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation is an asset.
- A Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) or a Pension Certification would be considered a preferred asset.
- Minimum 3 years related experience in compensation, pension, and benefits or equivalent.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of compensation benefits and pension programs, principles, and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge for administration of compensation, benefits and pensions.
- Well-versed in related legislative rules and regulations (e.g., Employment Standards, Pay Equity Legislation)
- Understanding of collective agreements and terms and conditions of different employment types.
- Understanding of College directives, policies and procedures would be an asset
- Demonstrated time management and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to navigate through uncertainty while demonstrating empathy, confidentiality, diplomacy, and tact.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel would be an asset).
- Working knowledge in a cloud based Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS) would be an asset.
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Work /Life balance with extended health and dental benefits, and above-average days off due to College closure schedules
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at email@example.com
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Position Type: FT Administration
Minimum Salary: 80,303.00
Maximum Salary: 120,455.00
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Human Resources
Deadline to Apply: December 5, 2021
Job Posting: 11/19/21
Department: Human Resources & Organizational Effectiveness