DESIGNATED EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (DECE)
FRENCH IMMERSION/EXTENDED FRENCH PROGRAM
(Bilingual – French/English)
SUPPLY RATE: $21.17 per hour
After 30 Days: $28.22 per hour
(All rates effective February 1, 2019)
3.4% statutory holiday pay and 4% vacation pay are added to these rates
Candidates must be available to work 3-5 days per week
Up to 6 hours per day between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
The Designated Early Childhood Educator (DECE) partners with the Kindergarten Educators to plan and implement a full day French Immersion early learning program; within both a classroom setting and; as a part of the Extended Day Program, to provide supervision and age appropriate programming for groups of students. The DECE collaborates in the design of programs and environments which will enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional development.
- Providing supervision and age appropriate programming for groups of students as part of the French Immersion extended day program as required; and
- Collaborating to implement the French Immersion curriculum and to address individual student’s identified needs, stages of development, and interests;
- Communicating with parents/guardians, students, staff, and others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Two-year Community College Early Childhood Education Diploma;
- Six months childcare experience in an educational setting;
- Registration with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR B or C Certification OR
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR B or C Certification; and
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods and move/carry equipment for program; and
- Must be able to physically assist children as required (e.g. lifting);
- Oral and written French and English language proficiency.
Special Note: Schedules vary from school to school. Extended day and school day – may include a running lunch.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Only electronic applications are accepted.
Apply online at the following link:
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Toronto District School Board adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.