Digital & Multimedia Graphic Design Specialist, Digital Learning, FT Support
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
Position Title: Digital & Multimedia Graphic Design Specialist
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Hours: 35 hours per week
Faculty/Department: Digital Learning
Campus/Location: North Campus
Payband/Hourly Rate: Payband F, $27.93 – 32.38
What you will do:
- The position’s overall purpose is to enhance online/virtual/multimedia learning experiences for all stakeholders by developing and designing the graphic/technological interface for all required mediums/projects – including online courses, websites, mobile apps and virtual environments.
- The incumbent is responsible for producing materials that are engaging and stimulating for all audience members, plus the content must be AODA compliant, must meet all College marketing standards, and must incorporate current industry standards in design, aesthetics and relevancy.
- The incumbent will also function as a main producer of print/digital materials for Innovative Learning, with a focus on the development and production of promotional/resource materials, magazine/pamphlet content, department publications, and marketplace/showcase promotional materials.
- The incumbent must be able to work within the College’s branding standards and maintain an awareness of current trends in graphic/digital arts and computer design, publishing and multimedia industries.
What you bring to the role:
- 3 year diploma/ degree in related field of study
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Multimedia Design and Production
Experience & Skills
- 2 years in a professional visual communications environment emphasizing graphic design, web development along with multimedia creation and production skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with all/most Adobe tools including Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and Photoshop).
- Experience with typography, print design, colour theory and emotion design.
- Experience also with animation software and movie-creation software (VideoScribe).
- Familiarity with Mac and PC platforms.
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Work /Life balance with extended health and dental benefits, and above-average days off due to College closure schedules
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at email@example.com
Hours Per Week: 35
Position Type: FT Support
Minimum Salary: 27.93
Maximum Salary: 32.38
Work Locations: North Campus 205 Humber College Blvd. Etobicoke M9W 5L7
Job Family: Learner Support
Deadline to Apply: December 2, 2021
Job Posting: 11/24/21
Department: Digital Learning