POSITION: EDUCATIONAL CONSULTANT IN FRENCH, ENGLISH AND SOCIAL STUDIES
DEPARTMENT: EDUCATION SERVICES
COMPETITION NUMBER: CONSFR/EN/SS/2111-04
STATUS: REGULAR FULL TIME
START DATE: JANUARY 2022
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Second Language Curriculum Development, this position entails the responsibility of providing advice and support to schools in the implementation, development and evaluation of programs of study, class management and instructional materials.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
- Support and ensure high quality and culturally relevant education in Nunavik communities specifically with primary teachers in French, English and Social Studies.
- Participate in the development of the programs and pedagogical material that are aligned to Inuit culture, language and values;
- Support the KSB competency-based program promote it with the school administrators, teachers and other staff members concerned.
- Lead training sessions / workshops with teachers in person or with technological support (virtual class, videoconference and others);
- Develop learning and evaluation situations as well as support material for the primary level.
- Collaborate with team members across departments and cultures on the development of materials;
- Follow up on inventories of material for French, English and Social Studies in the primary sector;
- Support specific projects in these teaching fields using creative thinking and problem solving skills;
- Carry out related tasks at the discretion of the immediate supervisor.
First level University Degree in a relevant specialization.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Legal qualification to teach in the province of Québec;
- Experience as a teacher;
- Extensive knowledge of French and English is essential;
- Computer literacy;
- Knowledge of Inuktitut is an asset.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
In accordance with the SPPOM collective agreement for professionals. This position belongs to job category 2104: from $46,114$ to $82,585 annually depending on qualification and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 20 days of annual vacation
- 2 weeks of vacation during the Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Southern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:00 pm, December 1st, 2021
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
You must indicate CONSFR/EN/SS/2111-04 in the subject of the e-mail.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.