APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE POSITION OF
GENERAL MAINTENANCE II
EAST/WEST FACILITIES, FACILITIES MAINTENANCE
CUPE LOCAL 1280
SALARY – $26.18/Hr.
Hours are from 3:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. (Hours of work will fall within the evening shift band and may change consistent with the collective agreement. Hours to be confirmed upon hire.) Flexible home base, to be determined by management, based on system needs.
At the Toronto Catholic District School Board, we transform the world through witness, faith, innovation and action. Servant-leadership that is visionary, empowering and inclusive is a fundamental characteristic of our Board. We seek colleagues who demonstrate a powerful personal mission and commitment through action to these principles. We are committed to fairly and objectively recruiting and selecting leaders and staff who are excellent role models, visionary and innovative, student-focused, committed to diversity, inclusion and equity and are also collaborative in building a Catholic community.
- Repairing and replacing a variety of items such as erecting and repairing, as required, tack, bulletin and chalk boards.
- Obtaining as required and hanging items on walls, e.g. pictures, crucifixes, clocks, signs, mirrors, etc.
- Performing basic maintenance and replacement duties related to painting, ceilings, locksmithing, etc., e.g. repairing T-bars, access doors, replacing ceiling tiles, cutting keys, and replacing insulation.
- Assisting with the maintenance of portables by conducting repairs as directed on platforms, stairs, railings, ramps, windows, siding, walls, ceilings, doors and frames, floors, etc.
- Repairing window fixtures such as wood balances, latches/locks, weather stripping, stops and screens.
- Ability to install and repair vinyl tile, ceramic tile and glass block; install, tape, patch and paint, plaster and dry wall.
- Must possess a complete set of personal tools as required by Trade.
- Responsible for safe operation and safekeeping of tools supplied by the Board, and safe operation and maintenance of company vehicle while in use.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum One (1) year related experience
- Working knowledge of various maintenance materials and related tools
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Ability to give and receive written and oral instructions in English.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s “G” license and have access to a reliable automobile. If candidates are selected for an interview, they must submit proof of good driving record before the interview.
Diversity and Inclusion
Consistent with the TCDSB’s Employment Equity policy and Multi-Year Strategic Plan, the TCDSB is strongly committed to fostering and creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the stakeholders and communities we serve. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from candidates who self-identify as visible minorities, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and women. You are invited to voluntarily indicate if you identify as one or more of the aforementioned communities. This information will be kept confidential.
Barrier-Free Recruitment and Selection
TCDSB embraces the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and as such, is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department at the time of your application of any requirement for an accommodation. The need for documentation to support the accommodation will be requested as required prior to the implementation of any accommodation measures.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a completed résumé, cover letter, and any related educational documents, and reference letters, no later than Wednesday, October 20, 2021. Failure to complete a full package may impact your eligibility for an interview.
Applications are to be submitted online through ApplyToEducation at:
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note, candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide original applicable education documents.