Posting # OM2017–161
General Maintenance Person II
NOTE: Evening shift 3:30 p.m – 11:30 p.m.
DEPT./SCHOOL: East/West Facilities
97 Railside Rd.
18 Beverly Hills Dr.
SALARY RANGE: $24.78/Hr.
PLEASE NOTE: Hours of work will fall within the evening shift band and may change consistent with the collective agreement. Hours to be confirmed upon hire.
PLEASE NOTE: Flexible home base, to be determined by management, based on system needs.
- Repairing and replacing a variety of items such as erecting and repairing, as required, tack, bulletin and chalk boards.
- Obtaining as required and hanging items on walls, e.g. pictures, crucifixes, clocks, signs, mirrors, etc.
- Performing basic maintenance and replacement duties related to painting, ceilings, locksmithing, etc., e.g. repairing T-bars, access doors, replacing ceiling tiles, cutting keys, and replacing insulation.
- Assisting with the maintenance of portables by conducting repairs as directed on platforms, stairs, railings, ramps, windows, siding, walls, ceilings, doors and frames, floors, etc.
- Repairing window fixtures such as wood balances, latches/locks, weather stripping, stops and screens.
- Ability to install and repair vinyl tile, ceramic tile and glass block; install, tape, patch and paint, plaster and dry wall.
- Must possess a complete set of personal tools as required by Trade.
- Responsible for safe operation and safekeeping of tools supplied by the Board, and safe operation and maintenance of company vehicle while in use.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum One (1) year related experience
- Working knowledge of various maintenance materials and related tools
- High School Diploma, or equivalent (candidates must submit proof of Grade 12 or equivalent with the bid form).
- Ability to give and receive written and oral instructions in English.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s “G” license (candidates must submit their driver’s license with their bid form) and have access to a reliable automobile. If candidates are selected for an interview, they must submit proof of good driving record before the interview.
Barrier-Free Recruitment and Selection
The TCDSB is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department, at the time of your application, of any requirement for accommodation in order for us to assess all candidates in a fair and equitable manner. Documentation to support the accommodation may be requested as required prior to the implementation of the accommodation measures.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a completed résumé, cover letter, and any related educational documents, and reference letters, no later than Friday, May 18, 2018
Applications are to be submitted online through Apply To Education.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note, all applicants are required to provide original applicable education documents with their application.