Neskantaga Education Authority is inviting applicants for:
- One (1) Grade 1/2/3 Teacher Position.
For the Neskantaga Education Centre with a contract from August 26, 2019 to June 19, 2020, and including an Employee Benefit Package.
We are seeking committed individuals, who will contribute to our school and to the community, and who will become involved in extra-curricular activities when required.
Preferred candidates will have the following assets and qualifications:
- Membership in good standing with OCT or ability to register;
- Appreciation and understanding of Aboriginal culture and traditions;
- Experience residing in northern communities and working in First Nation schools;
- A sense of adventure;
- Willingness to become involved in extracurricular activities;
- Ability to prepare daily lesson plans and long range plans;
- Fluency in Ojibway is an asset;
- Must possess the willingness, along with physical ability, to work with students with many diverse needs;
- Flexibility, patience and the ability to work closely with other teachers, parents and principal.
- Police Record Check will be required with application.
- NOTE: The successful candidates will be required to provide an original, satisfactory Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening (dated within the last six months) as deemed suitable by the Employer, prior to the commencement of employment.
Salary: Commensurate with education/knowledge as per NEA Salary Grid.
If interested, please submit resume/application including reference(s) to:
Neskantaga Education Authority
P.O. Box 103
Lansdowne House, Ontario P0T 1Z0
Attn: Tony Sakanee, NEA Education Director
Fax: (807) 479-2512
Phone: (807) 479-2698 or 479-2570
Application Deadline: Open until Filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Neskantaga Education Authority; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.