Neskantaga Education Authority is pleased to invite applicants for the following positions:
One (1) Grade 1 and 2 Teacher Position
One (1) Grade 3 and 4 Teacher Position
for the Neskantaga Education Centre with a contract for the 2021/2022 school year, including an Employee Benefit Package.
We are seeking committed individuals, who will contribute to our school and to the community, and who will become involved in extra-curricular activities when required.
Preferred candidates will have the following assets and qualifications:
- Membership in good standing with OCT or ability to register;
- Special Education Additional Qualifications;
- Appreciation and understanding of Aboriginal culture and traditions;
- Experience residing in northern communities and working in First Nation schools;
- A sense of adventure;
- Willingness to become involved in extracurricular activities;
- Ability to prepare daily lesson plans and long range plans;
- Fluency in Ojibway is an asset;
- Must possess the willingness, along with physical ability, to work with students with many diverse needs;
- Flexibility, patience and the ability to work closely with other teachers, parents and principal.
- Police Record Check will be required with application.
NOTE: The successful candidates will be required to provide an original, satisfactory Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening (dated within the last six months) as deemed suitable by the Employer, prior to the commencement of employment.
Salary: Commensurate with education/knowledge as per NEA Salary Grid.
If interested, please submit resume/application including reference(s) to:
Neskantaga Education Authority
P.O. Box 103
Lansdowne House, Ontario P0T 1Z0
Attn: Tony Sakanee, NEA Education Director
Fax: (807) 479-2512
Phone: (807) 479-1170 or 479-2570, Cell (807) 631-8017
Application Deadline: Open until Filled.
All candidates are encouraged to apply, including those who have previously applied.
All pandemic measures and protocols of the First Nation to be followed.
It is a preference that all candidates be fully vaccinated for COVID 19, as per the protocols of Neskantaga First Nation, and before working in close contact with students.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Neskantaga Education Authority; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.