Eabametoong First Nation Education Authority is inviting applicants for:
Grade 3 Teacher Positions (2 Positions Available), Grade 8 Teacher (1 Position Available), Special Education Intermediate Teacher (1 Position Available)
Grade 5, Grade 8 and Special Education positions available for John C. Yesno Education Centre in Eabametoong, ON with a contract from present to June 28, 2021, and including an Employee Benefit Package.
We are seeking committed individuals, who will contribute to our school and to the community, and who will become involved in extra-curricular activities when required.
Preferred candidates will have the following assets and qualifications:
- Membership in good standing with OCT or ability to register;
- Appreciation and understanding of Aboriginal culture and traditions;
- Experience residing in northern communities and working in First Nation schools;
- A sense of adventure;
- Willingness to become involved in extracurricular activities;
- Ability to prepare daily lesson plans and long range plans;
- Must possess the willingness, along with physical ability, to work with students with many diverse needs;
- Flexibility, patience and the ability to work closely with other teachers, parents and principal.
- Special Education Qualifications (for Special Education position)
- Successful candidates will be required to provide an original, satisfactory Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening (dated within the last six months) as deemed suitable by the Employer, prior to the commencement of employment.
Salary: Commensurate with education/knowledge as per EFNEA Salary Grid.
If interested, please submit resume/application including reference(s) to:
Eabametoong First Nation Education Authority P.O. Box 294
Eabametoong, Ontario P0T 1L0
Attn: Nancy Waswa, EFNEA Education Director
Fax: (807) 242-1313
Phone: (807) 242-1305
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Eabametoong First Nation Education Authority; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.