Eabametoong First Nation Education Authority is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the following positions:
- Grade 9 Art/Technology (Computer) Teacher
- Gr. 9 English Teacher
- Grade 9 Science/Math Teacher
These contract positions are available immediately until June 21, 2019, with possible renewal for the 2019-2020 school year pending successful performance appraisal, and include an Employee Benefit Package.
We are seeking committed individuals, who will contribute to our school and to the community, and who will become involved in extra-curricular activities when required.
Preferred candidates will have the following assets and qualifications:
- Membership in good standing with OCT or ability to register;
- Sensitivity and awareness of First Nations culture and traditions;
- Experience residing in northern communities and working in First Nation schools;
- Willingness to live in a small, fly-in community (approx. pop. of 1,200 and approx. 380 students);
- Willingness, along with physical ability, to work with students with diverse needs;
- A sense of adventure;
- Willingness to become involved in extracurricular activities;
- Flexibility, patience and the ability to work closely with other teaching staff, parents and principal;
- Knowledge of Ojibway.
Successful candidates will be required to provide an original, satisfactory Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening (dated within the last six months) as deemed suitable by the Employer, prior to the commencement of employment.
Teacher housing is available, however, due to limitations, accommodations are best suited for individuals willing to live with other teachers. Also due to limitations, pet-friendly accommodations are unavailable at this time.
Salary: Commensurate with education/knowledge as per EFNEA Salary Grid.
If interested, please submit resume/application including reference(s) to:
Eabametoong First Nation Education Authority
P.O. Box 294
Eabamet Lake, Ontario P0T 1L0
Attn: Nancy Waswa, EFNEA Education Director
Fax: (807) 242-1313
Phone: (807) 242-1305
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Eabametoong First Nation Education Authority; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.