Internationally acclaimed for its unique environment and expertise in the particular learning needs of girls, The Bishop Strachan School (BSS) has built a reputation over its long history as an undisputed leader in education. Offering a challenging, lively and creative atmosphere, a roster of uniquely qualified faculty and staff, and an inspiring campus featuring a spectacular science and arts wing, BSS inspires each student to find her passion, pursue her dreams and reach her potential through a rigorous academic program.
Helping students become smart, independent, compassionate young women, BSS provides the tools, technology and innovation required to thrive in post-secondary pursuits and beyond. Our unique whole girl approach, commitment to excellence and embodiment of strong values create a profound and powerful learning environment within a supportive, engaged community.
To support our mission of providing our students with the best educational experience, we strive for excellence in every facet of the organization – including providing a stimulating, creative and lively work environment that attracts the best staff and faculty. We are seeking the right candidate to fill the position of:
Graphic Designer and Digital Media Planner
Reports to: Director of Communications and Marketing
Summary of Position:
The Graphic Designer and Digital Media Planner is a creative, entrepreneurial professional who will develop, design and deliver innovative communications initiatives that support the strategic objectives of the school. With a multidisciplinary skill set, including graphic design, digital media buying and digital metrics analysis, this role is suited to someone who seeks a variety of experiences and is passionate about girls’ education.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Designs and co-ordinates the production of digital and print collaterals
- Plans and buys digital media campaigns across multiple platforms such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, Bing, LinkedIn, Native ads etc.
- Creates digital visual concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate
- Develops overall layout and production design for a variety of mediums such as advertisements, brochures, magazines, etc.
- Writes clear marketing copy to promote our school and enrich our websites with such things as digital advertisements
- Using metrics, performs regular analysis and optimization of campaigns
- Tracks performance and creates reporting mechanisms
- Designs and produces online newsletters and publications
- Monitors and upholds the BSS brand and communications standards, editing and proofing all materials for quality control and provides guidance, support and consultation to other departments on strategic communications, branding and project management
- Commits to the Staff Growth and Evaluation Program
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Attributes Include:
- Graphic Design degree or diploma, combined with media training in Digital Media Buying
- Minimum 3 years graphic design experience
- Experience buying digital ads and search words, and optimizing media on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrated experience writing copy for a variety of communications and marketing collateral pieces
- Skilled using graphic design software for document design and editing within the Adobe Creative Suite,
- Expertise in HTML, SEO and SEM
- Strong knowledge of performance evaluation tools such as Google Analytics
- Familiarity with Blackbaud software and communications tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management expertise, ability to prioritize and meet tight timelines
- Expertise in print production
- Data generation, analysis and measurement skills
- Positive, creative, collaborative and organized
- Ability to manage changing priorities, concurrent projects and demanding deadlines
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends during the school year
- Commitment to and passion for the vision, mission and values of the school
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at The Bishop Strachan School by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Graphic Designer and Digital Media Planner position in the subject line.
We thank all candidates in advance.
We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
We believe that diversity in our School fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment.
We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school
and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Visit us at www.bss.on.ca