Bronte College is a private International Baccalaureate (IB) World School that offers day and boarding programs for Grades 9 to 12. Located in Mississauga, Bronte fosters a diverse international environment for our staff and boasts a fun and academic-driven atmosphere in a business casual workplace. At Bronte, we are committed to academic excellence and individual growth amongst our students and employees.
Bronte College is growing! At Bronte College you will thrive in a culture and environment that embraces inclusion, flexibility and advancement opportunities. Our mandate is to have every employee share and be involved in the mission and growth of the company.
Currently we are seeking a Head of Guidance.
As a Head of Guidance, you will:
- Provide individual students counselling for academic, social and emotional needs
- Monitoring and review of students at the interim and mid-term reporting periods
- OUAC application process – in-services and personal counselling
- OUAC uploads and downloads
- IPP implementation each reporting period
- Coordinate course selection process and course changes
- University Liaison – organization and scheduling of university fair
- Schedule support tutoring (peer tutoring)
- Parent inquiries re course selection and special student needs
- Liaison with office staff for TT (Timetable), class changes, transcripts, biographical info
- Assist the Head of Guidance/ Head of School with TT (Timetable) preparation (whole year)
- Assist the Head of Guidance/ Head of School with scheduling of new or added courses and staff assignment
- Advise the Head of School on course offerings for course calendar
- Assist the Head of Guidance/Head of School with program and Parent Teacher Nights
- Assist with Summer School timetable, course offerings, supervision of teaching staff
- Oversee graduation
- To complete any additional duties assigned by the Head of School.
You will possess the following requirements:
- Experience with creating timetables, OUAC, OCASS and assisting students gaining entrance to universities both in Ontario and outside of Ontario.
- Good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Guidance experience and Additional Qualifications in Guidance Part 2 or above
- Well-organized, outstanding communication skills, professional manner and presentation.
- High level of computer skills and experience with word processing, data management and spreadsheets.
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Bronte College’s Accessibility Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.