High School English Teacher
Name of Organization: Mundo Peetabeck Education Authority
Name of School: Peetabeck Academy, Fort Albany, ON
Location: Community is along S shore of Albany River and on Sinclair Island at mouth of Albany River on James Bay, 450 km N of Timmins
Description of school: Peetabeck Academy provides educational services and supports to elementary and secondary school students living on reserve.
- Administers education programs and schools through the Mundo Peetabeck Education Authority
- Operates Peetabeck Academy, an on-reserve school for students from JK to Grade 12
Qualification: Applicant must have English Intermediate/Senior additional basic qualification on OCT or any equivalent teaching provincial certificate.
Salary: As per Board’s salary grid and QECO rating or equivalent qualifications evaluation
A rewarding opportunity awaits you at Peetabeck Academy. Currently we are looking for a High School English teacher as one position. Our mission is to provide place where students, families and staff find support to learn, grow, discover and ultimately believe in themselves. Teacherages are rent free, pet friendly and a lot more facilities are available at Fort Albany.
You are an individual who views teaching as a vocation. You are dedicated, thoughtful, self-reflective and you bring your best to your students and classroom every day. You are a professional who is committed to best practices and ongoing professional learning. An educator who seeks to inspire, challenge and prepare students to become future leaders within their communities. You are motivated to provide students with an exceptional liberal arts education, and excited to become involved in the myriad of co-curricular programs offered by our school. You work hard to make students better learners, and better people. You help them to believe in themselves, and to recognize and to choose goodness. And, you can’t imagine doing anything else. It is how you change the world.
If you are this kind of teacher, we invite you to apply to Peetabeck Academy.
Skills and Qualifications: Your background and experience enables you to meet the following requirements:
- Prospective English teachers must possess a solid understanding of pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, and sentence structure.
- Should be able to assess and evaluate student progress effectively.
- English teachers should be able to use various instructional strategies to meet the needs of all students.
- Prospective English teachers should have excellent communication skills so they can engage their class effectively and communicate well with parents, colleagues, and school administrators.
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Curriculum, specifically Growing Success
- Ability to foster a caring and professional rapport with students
- Training and experience with inquiry-based and problem-based learning (Deep Learning) is an asset
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Willingness and ability to work in shifts
- Knowledge of relevant legislation/policies/procedures/guidelines/practices that address student care and safety
Job Type: Full time
How to Apply:
- You must submit your application using only one of the methods: Word or Pdf version.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications list on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- You must provide a minimum of 3 references with permission to speak with them
- Please submit your application to the following email address: email@example.com
Remember: This posting will remain open until we find a suitable candidate.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.