Junior Grades (grade 4 to 6) Teacher teaching posting
Job Title: Junior Grade Teacher
First Nation: Fort Albany First Nation
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent
- Possession of valid teaching certification OCT or equivalent
- Minimum 1 to 3 years successful teaching experience
- Command of grades/subject’s specific content and theoretical knowledge of learning theory, including motivation, reinforcement, evaluation and feedback techniques.
- Understanding of and commitment to school values.
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check
- Effective instructional delivery techniques and excellent communication skills.
- Adherence to the requirements of the Code of Ethics for the Education Profession
JOB PURPOSE: Create and implement a flexible program and classroom environment favorable to student learning and personal growth. Develops lesson plans consistent with established guidelines. Establish effective rapport with students, staff members, and parents. Motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge to provide an effective educational foundation, in accordance with each student’s ability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the school’s philosophy, goals, and objectives
- Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans which provide for effective teaching strategies and maximizes time on task.
- Presents subject matter to students to maximize learning opportunity and provides real-world, application based examples and learning opportunities.
- Reviews student records in order to develop a foundation of understanding regarding each student’s abilities and needs.
- Maintain accurate and compete student records.
- Strives to maximize the educational achievement of each student
- Utilizes a variety/range of student learning modalities in each lesson and uses differentiated instruction within those lessons.
- Utilizes diagnostic assessment of student learning on a frequent basis
- Maintain accurate and completes student records.
- Assesses student strengths and weaknesses on a frequent basis, provides appropriate activities to address student needs and generates progress reports as required.
- Refers students with suspected learning problems to appropriate support personnel.
- Assigns lessons, corrects student work product and reviews oral presentations.
- Coordinates class trips (as required)
- Prepares students for EQAO required provincial achievement assessments.
- Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge for the continual improvement of the school’s curriculum.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Becomes acquainted with supplemental services beneficial to students as an extension of regular classroom activities.
Provide a Classroom Environment Conducive to Learning
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Maintains a positive rapport with students; demonstrate patience and appropriate nurturing to assist in the growth of the child.
- Ensures classroom is clean, safe, and includes student generated work on display as appropriate.
- Implements all relevant policies governing student conduct
- Develops reasonable rules of classroom/playground behaviour in accordance with the MPEA Safe Schools Policy and guidelines, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and consistent manner.
- Develops lesson plans consistent with established guidelines and goals
- Plans individual and group learning activities designed to meet instructional objective and students’ needs.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation upon request of supervisory personnel.
- Incorporates into planning all diagnostic information as required in the student’s IEP.
- Strives to establish cooperative relations and makes reasonable effort to communicate with parents/guardians when appropriate.
- Communicates clearly, consistently, and positively via all appropriate mediums.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding student records.
- Participates in parent communication activities
About the Opportunity
- Participates in extracurricular activities to ensure a positive school culture and provide support for students and staff (as required).
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
About the Opportunity
Currently, the Mundo Peetabeck Education Authority is looking for a dynamic JUNIOR (Grades 4 to 6) Qualification Teacher to support Peetabeck Academy in Fort Albany, ON. Please contact the Education Director, Nicole Gillies, and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org