APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE POSITION OF
VARIOUS GREATER TORONTO AREA LOCATIONS
CUPE 1328 OFFICE, CLERICAL AND TECHNICAL EMPLOYEES
GRADE 5 – biweekly $1,710.60 to $1,987.20
WORK YEAR: 10 MONTH 10 DAY (LAST WEEK OF AUGUST TO FIRST WEEK OF JULY)
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST BE PRACTICING ROMAN CATHOLIC VERIFIED THROUGH A PASTORAL REFERENCE.
- Mandatory – O.S.S.D. (Grade 12 Diploma) plus a two year Library and Information Technician Diploma or has entered into the last year of the Library and Information Technician Program.
- Experience in library automation software, Microsoft Word and Windows applications and database management.
- Demonstrated organizational, and office management skills (i.e., electronic technology and appropriate office equipment).
- Ability to operate equipment; i.e., video camera, combination slide/television monitor, cassette duplicator, compact disc player, VCR scanners and other technological devices in a network environment.
- Some of these positions may be itinerant and reliable transportation would be required.
- Successful candidates (external applicants) will be required to provide a police reference check.
- Display, promote and compile learning materials and bibliographic sources to support and supplement curriculum programs.
- Make presentations to large and small groups of students as required.
- Supervise students in the Library Resource Centre and other locations as required in emergency situations.
- Establish and manage a competent system of administration for the Library Resource Centre that provides for efficient circulation procedures and effective use of space, time and materials.
- Work effectively with staff and students in the use of a range of information sources including print and computer databases and provide guidance in locating materials.
- Encourage an interest, appreciation and understanding in the use of books and other resources to promote learning.
- Classify and catalogue learning resources and maintain catalogue and inventory applying technological advances in accordance with established Board procedures.
- Establish the operation and maintenance of lending, renewing, reserving and recalling system for materials and equipment; institute follow-up procedures for overdue material; shelve and/or file returned materials.
- Maintain an inventory and develop a system of control for equipment and arrange for servicing where applicable.
- Process materials; i.e., install security strips, affix bar codes, spine labels, school identification, and covering; remove from circulation unused, outdated and irreparable materials.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Barrier-Free Recruitment and Selection
The TCDSB is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department, at the time of your application, of any requirement for accommodation in order for us to assess all candidates in a fair and equitable manner. Documentation to support the accommodation may be requested as required prior to the implementation of the accommodation measures.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a complete résumé and related educational documents and reference letters.
Applications are to be submitted online through Apply To Education.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note, candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide original applicable education documents.