APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE POSITION OF
OCCASIONAL LIBRARY TECHNICIAN
The Toronto Catholic District School Board is currently recruiting for Library Technicians to work on an occasional basis.
- S.S.D. (Grade 12 Diploma), plus a two year Library and Information Technician Diploma, or presently enrolled and in the final year of the Library and Information Technician Diploma Course.
- Experience in library automation software, Microsoft Word and Windows applications and database management.
- Demonstrated organizational, and office management skills (i.e., electronic technology and appropriate office equipment).
- Ability to operate equipment; i.e., video camera , combination slide/television monitor, cassette duplicator, compact disc player, VCR scanners and other technological devices in a network environment.
- Some of these positions may be itinerant and reliable transportation would be required.
Please note that the Toronto Catholic District School Board requires the following documents as part of your application package:
- Résumé and cover letter addressed to the Senior Manager of Recruitment.
- Proof of educational credentials.
- Minimum of two (2) work-related reference letters from current and/or previous managers/supervisors.
- Pastoral Reference Letter from a Roman Catholic Parish, dated within the last 12 months.
Barrier-Free Recruitment and Selection
The TCDSB is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department, at the time of your application, of any requirement for accommodation in order for us to assess all candidates in a fair and equitable manner. Documentation to support the accommodation may be requested as required prior to the implementation of the accommodation measures.
Applications are to be submitted online through Apply To Education.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note: candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide original applicable education documents.