On-Call Replacement General Cafeteria Support
Sheldon Outdoor Education Centre, Alliston
to start September 9, 2019 or as soon as possible
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to work in a Nutrition Services team providing food preparation and related services to students and staff in a Cafeteria of a local Outdoor Education Centre?
The Toronto District School Board is seeking on-call replacement General Cafeteria Support candidates who must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, be able to lift boxes of cooking equipment and supplies up to 50 lbs., and be available to work additional hours to assist with catering functions. Hours of work initially will be approximately 20 hours per week.
Summary of Key Duties:
- Prepare and handle food for cafeteria style meals;
- Prepare menu items in accordance with the Total Quality Assurance Manual;
- Maintain quality and portion control of all menu items;
- Operate a cash register;
- Provide customer service;
- Serve food to students and staff;
- Operate and care for kitchen equipment;
- Maintain sanitation levels in all areas of the kitchen;
- Make bank deposits if requested;
- Assist student help.
- Completion of Grade 10 and four months related experience in large volume food production;
- Experience using kitchen equipment;
- Understanding of portion control;
- Good communication skills both verbal and written;
- Demonstrated customer service focus dealing with students and staff;
- Experience operating a cash register;
- W.H.M.I.S./H.A.C.C.P. knowledge;
- First Aid/CPR certifications are assets.
Hourly Rate: The initial rate of pay is $14.87 per hour. After 30 days, the rate is in accordance with the collective agreement, which is $19.83 per hour.
Days/Hours of Work: On-call and as needed, initially 4 days per week, Tuesday to Thursday 1:30 pm to 7:00 pm and Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 pm.
Location: Sheldon Outdoor Education Centre, 995243 Mono-Adjala Townline, RR #1, Alliston L9R 1V1
Please apply online only using the following link and quoting “Sheldon Outdoor Education Centre”: https://surveys.tdsb.on.ca/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=427965&lang=en
For further information please contact Shelley Lucas, District Manager, at 416-394-6885.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Toronto District School Board adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be acknowledged in writing. We are unable to acknowledge or confirm receipt of applications.