On-Call Replacement Office Support Staff
Do you have outstanding customer service and computer software skills, as well as more than two years’ related office experience? Are you available to work 3 to 5 days per week? If yes, then the Toronto District School Board is looking for you for the upcoming school year!
We are seeking on-call replacement Office Support Staff to work mainly in our school offices for short term needs. The TDSB offers employees excellent working conditions, competitive wages, and job opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Customer Service for front-line support including liaising with parents and communities;
- Administrative/clerical support;
- Data entry;
- Records management;
- Processing and maintaining student attendance information;
- Usage of a variety of computer software including Word, Excel, Publisher, Quicken, SAP & SmartFind Express;
- Maintaining budget records and other reports.
- Community College diploma (i.e. Business Administration, Human Resources, Office Administration) with more than two years’ related office experience is preferred; or, Grade 12 diploma and several years of related experience;
- Expertise in the use of computer technology (i.e. MS Office 2010, databases);
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, prioritization and problem solving skills;
- An ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- An ability to be a quick learner and adapt quickly to change including the flexibility to work in all TDSB sites within the City of Toronto;
- An ability to meet tight timelines effectively and efficiently;
- Experience with budget administration;
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with students, parents, community members, Trustees, the general public as well as all representatives of the Board.
Hourly Rate: Starting at $17.63 to $19.85 per hour. After 30 days, rates are in accordance with the collective agreement, $23.50 to $26.46 per hour. Rates of pay vary with the type of assignment. Candidates must be available for work between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm., 3 to 5 days per week
Please apply online only using the following link: http://surveys.tdsb.on.ca/index.php?r=survey/index/sid/311753/lang/en
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis based on operational needs.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Toronto District School Board adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be acknowledged in writing. We are unable to acknowledge or confirm receipt of applications.