POSITION: PRINCIPAL OF NUNAVIMMI PIGIURSAVIK VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTER
DEPARTMENT: ADULT EDUCATION AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING
COMPETITION NUMBER: PR120AES/2009-01
STATUS: FULL-TIME REGULAR POSITION
STARTING DATE: OCTOBER 2020
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Director of Adult Education and Vocational Training Services, the Principal of Nunavimmi Pigiursavik Training centre will hold the following duties:
- To establish and implement an action plan pertaining to activities held at the Nunavimmi Pigiursavik Vocational Training Centre in Inukjuak;
- To put in place sufficient means to help in:
– clientele recruitment;
– maintaining clientele training;
– team cooperation;
– the Vocational Training Centre’s reputation at a regional level.
- To manage the Vocational Training Centre’s regular training activities;
- To support teachers in their work;
- To develop a favourable learning environment;
- To ensure the link between pedagogical activities and the student residence environment with the Residence Manager;
- To develop and oversee activities that favor client growth and their cultural relationships.
- A bachelor’s degree in education or an undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study certifying a minimum three-year university program or hold a senior executive or senior staff position in a school board for which an undergraduate degree is required under the minimum qualifications or hold a position of vice-principal;
- Eight years of relevant experience;
- A teaching licence recognized under the Education Act for Cree, Inuit and Naskapi Native Persons (R.S.Q., c. I-14).
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualification requirements if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Strong experience in the vocational and/or technical Training field
- Strong experience of management of groups
- Fluency in at least two of the three working languages of the Board (Inuktitut, French, English);
- Experience as a leader in a cross-cultural environment is an asset
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 00-09* as per the working conditions of KI’s managers: from $89,034 à $118,709 annually depending on qualifications and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible for other benefits such as:
- 30 days of annual vacation
- Up to 10 recuperation days
- Two weeks of vacation during the Holiday season
and, when applicable, additional benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:00 pm, October 8, 2020
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
You must indicate PR120AES/2009-01 in the subject of the e-mail.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.