APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE POSITION OF
SECRETARY 3 – SHORT TERM SICK LEAVE AND DISABILITY PLAN
SICK LEAVE AND DISABILITY, HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Non-Union Level 13 – $43,042 – $53,803
At the Toronto Catholic District School Board, we transform the world through witness, faith, innovation and action. Servant-leadership that is visionary, empowering and inclusive is a fundamental characteristic of our Board. We seek colleagues who demonstrate a powerful personal mission and commitment through action to these principles. We are committed to fairly and objectively recruiting and selecting leaders and staff who are excellent role models, visionary and innovative, student-focused, committed to diversity, inclusion and equity and are also collaborative in building a Catholic community.
NOTE: THIS IS A TEMPORARY ASSISGNMENT OCTOBER 3, 2022
CRITERIA FOR AN INTERVIEW:
- Two-year College Diploma in Human Resources, Disability Management or related field
- Minimum six (6) months of related experience
- Proficient computer skills in all major software applications including Microsoft Office Suite e.g. MS Excel, Word
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to multi-task and prioritize daily activities in conjunction with weekly deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters
- Proven analytical skills
- Proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Flexibility to work overtime to meet urgent departmental needs
- SAP HR/Payroll and Parklane experience an asset
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to and under the direction of the Return To Work (RTW) Officer, Short Term Sick Leave and Disability, the primary function of this position is to provide the secretarial/administrative support to the department. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform clerical duties related to the initiation and maintenance of sick leave and disability claims including receipt of employee Medical Certificates and distribution to the assigned Officer/Specialist; generate required internal communication and process document filing/electronic storage, etc.
- Provide general secretarial and administrative support to the department by maintaining filing and following-up process; creating/updating/maintaining data-base (e.g. EXCEL spreadsheet, Parklane, etc.)
- Verify and process SAP absence coding in the SAP HR/Payroll System in a timely and accurate manner
- Prioritize work flow as necessary
- Process reimbursement of invoices as required
- Maintain confidentiality of all documentation
- Respond to general queries and act as a first point of contact on sick leave and disability enquiries
- Provide clerical support to the department by: photocopying; faxing; sorting and distributing mail; and general office duties
- Support the HR Liaison Desk duties on a rotational basis as required
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Diversity and Inclusion
Consistent with the TCDSB’s Employment Equity policy and Multi-Year Strategic Plan, the TCDSB is strongly committed to fostering and creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the stakeholders and communities we serve. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from candidates who self-identify as visible minorities, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and women. You are invited to voluntarily indicate if you identify as one or more of the aforementioned communities. This information will be kept confidential
Barrier-Free Recruitment and Selection
TCDSB embraces the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and as such, is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department at the time of your application of any requirement for an accommodation. The need for documentation to support the accommodation will be requested as required prior to the implementation of any accommodation measures
Interested applicants are asked to submit a completed résumé, cover letter, and any related educational documents, and reference letters, no later than Thursday, December 2, 2021. Failure to complete a full package may impact your eligibility for an interview.
Applications are to be submitted online through ApplyToEducation at:
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note, candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide original applicable education documents.
The Government of Ontario has implemented a COVID-19 immunization disclosure requirement for all publicly funded school board staff. Please be aware that all successfully recruited candidates will be required to complete TCDSB’s COVID Attestation Declaration once hired. All new hires who are not immunized against COVID-19, will be required to undertake regular rapid antigen testing. Please note, you are not to forward proof of vaccination or medical exemption information at this time.