APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE POSITION OF
SENIOR MANAGER – COMMUNITY USE OF SCHOOLS
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
Non-Union Level 7: $91,170- $109,397
At the Toronto Catholic District School Board, we transform the world through witness, faith, innovation and action. Servant-leadership that is visionary, empowering and inclusive is a fundamental characteristic of our Board. We seek colleagues who demonstrate a powerful personal mission and commitment through action to these principles. We are committed to fairly and objectively recruiting and selecting leaders and staff who are excellent role models, visionary and innovative, student-focused, committed to diversity, inclusion and equity and are also collaborative in building a Catholic community.
CRITERIA FOR AN INTERVIEW ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- A relevant degree from a recognized university in Business Administration or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience in a supervisory capacity; experience in a large unionized environment an asset
- Proven experience in business administration
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Education Act, Municipal Act, related legislation, and City of Toronto policies/processes
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a management team to discuss issues, solicit and provide advice, share information and provide team focused recommendations and solutions
- Proven problem-solving, analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office products
- Excellent verbal, written communications, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated advanced report writing skills
- Availability to work outside core office hours, as required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and car for travel as required within the Greater Toronto Area (eligibility for mileage reimbursement)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to and under the direction of the Senior Coordinator of Development Services, this position will oversee and implement the delivery of Community Use of Schools (CUS) and Focus on Youth programs in alignment with the Ministry of Education (EDU) vision and goals. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the administration and operational functions of the Permits Department
- Oversee the implementation and delivery of Focus on Youth programs
- Prepare reports for the Board and the Ministry of Education pertaining to permits issues; Community Use of Schools and Focus on Youth programs, as required
- Provide direction to Permits staff in the interpretation of Board Policy to ensure the efficient delivery of permits
- Ensure accurate processes for billing purposes
- Problem resolution, account collection and reconciliation
- Monitor the use of Board facilities by public and private agencies
- Recommend appropriate action when circumstances warrant (cancellation and suspension of permits, etc.)
- Prepare and submit reports on permit problems, permits policy, special requests and exceptional circumstances not covered by Board Policy
- Conduct presentation at Board, community meetings, seminars and training sessions, as required
- Work with a variety of community groups and government agencies to establish effective partnerships and enhance effective community use practices
- Provide leadership in a variety of community development, conflict resolution, group facilitation and youth/community engagement
- Responsible for providing supervision, interviewing, training, leading and evaluating team members
- Attendance at evening meetings as required
- Performing any other duties as assigned or required
Diversity and Inclusion
Consistent with the TCDSB’s Employment Equity policy and Multi-Year Strategic Plan, the TCDSB is strongly committed to fostering and creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the stakeholders and communities we serve. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from candidates who self-identify as visible minorities, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and women. You are invited to voluntarily indicate if you identify as one or more of the aforementioned communities. This information will be kept confidential.
Barrier-Free Recruitment and Selection
TCDSB embraces the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and as such, is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department at the time of your application of any requirement for an accommodation. The need for documentation to support the accommodation will be requested as required prior to the implementation of any accommodation measures.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a completed résumé, cover letter, and any related educational documents, and reference letters, no later than Thursday, December 9, 2021. Failure to complete a full package may impact your eligibility for an interview.
Applications are to be submitted online through ApplyToEducation at:
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note, candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide original applicable education documents.
The Government of Ontario has implemented a COVID-19 immunization disclosure requirement for all publicly funded school board staff. Please be aware that all successfully recruited candidates will be required to complete TCDSB’s COVID Attestation Declaration once hired. All new hires who are not immunized against COVID-19, will be required to undertake regular rapid antigen testing. Please note, you are not to forward proof of vaccination or medical exemption information at this time.