APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE POSITION OF
SENIOR MANAGER, ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING (ERP) SYSTEM
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
NON-UNION LEVEL 7 – $91,170 – $109,397
At the Toronto Catholic District School Board, we transform the world through witness, faith, innovation and action. Servant-leadership that is visionary, empowering and inclusive is a fundamental characteristic of our Board. We seek colleagues who demonstrate a powerful personal mission and commitment through action to these principles. We are committed to fairly and objectively recruiting and selecting leaders and staff who are excellent role models, visionary and innovative, student-focused, committed to diversity, inclusion and equity and are also collaborative in building a Catholic community.
Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB) is seeking a Senior Manager, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System to join its Information and Communication Technology Division.
CRITERIA FOR INTERVIEW:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of four (4) years in a similar capacity with extensive knowledge and experience with SAP ECC (SAP ERP Central Component) in large enterprise environments preferred
- Formal training and/or certification in SAP would be an asset
- Knowledge of business processes and SAP modules in human resources, finance, materials management, and plant maintenance preferred
- Experience managing a team of systems analysts, administrators, training and support staff
- Experience with vendor management, department budget planning and forecasting
- Experience managing projects of various scope and scale, coordinating system maintenance and upgrades, and managing critical incidents
- Ability to effectively communicate with various stakeholders (written and verbal) in both technical and non-technical terms;
- Capable of analyzing complex business problems, proposing effective solutions, and applying business vision and direction
- Possesses excellent organizational, analytical, time management, presentation skills and an ability to deal with potential problems before they escalate
- Knowledge of and practical experience with technology infrastructure and architecture, hardware and software, cloud-based applications and services and cybersecurity
- Working knowledge or experience with SAP S/4HANA or other ERP systems would be an asset
- Availability to work outside core office hours, as required
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to and under the direction of the Senior Coordinator, Enterprise Systems, this exciting opportunity will be responsible for the management and optimization of the ERP System used by various departments and divisions. The Senior Manager will have systems and operations management skills, extensive experience operating and managing ERP systems in large enterprise environments and working collaboratively with cross-functional and integrated teams. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Regular meet-ups with the Senior Coordinator to assist with setting objectives and key results, and monitoring, measuring, and reporting on key outcomes, as well as reporting on overall productivity and any other important issues
- Consistent review and improvement of processes, methods, approaches, and software tools
- Regular liaising with various teams and department heads to check in on service levels, and glean new and emerging projects for review and intake
- Act as the subject matter expert and oversee the assignment of tasks and responsibilities, answer questions and communicate with staff to ensure resolution of issues, requests
- Ensure ERP systems are functioning properly and helping the business run smoothly
- Work collaboratively with ICT management team to discuss issues, solicit and provide advice, share information and provide recommendations and solutions on matters related to the areas of responsibility
- Analyze and research, as required, and write and submit reports and presentations for new standards, major changes, projects, and procurements
- Oversee a team of technical staff, administrators and training and support personnel who operate and run the ERP programs
- Collaborate often with team members, lead team meetings, assign work, monitor to ensure deadlines are met, and provide guidance and support
- Meet one-on-one with staff to check in on individual work progress, personal check-ins and address any issues or concerns
- Coach the team and mentor individuals for continuous improvement and development
- Ensure for updated documentation on all key systems and processes, adequate staffing resources for operations and projects, and prioritization of service requests from clients, assigned work tasks, and project work
- Perform vendor management activities including researching and sourcing vendors, obtaining quotes with pricing, capabilities, turnaround times, and quality of work, negotiating contracts, managing relationships, assigning jobs, evaluating performance, and ensuring payments are made on time
- Perform budget planning including constructing a budget and then utilizing it to support operations and forecasting to help develop the department annual budget
- After-hours on-call management support for mission critical/major problems, incidents, or issues
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned or required
Diversity and Inclusion
Consistent with the TCDSB’s Employment Equity policy and Multi-Year Strategic Plan, the TCDSB is strongly committed to fostering and creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the stakeholders and communities we serve. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from candidates who self-identify as visible minorities, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and women. You are invited to voluntarily indicate if you identify as one or more of the aforementioned communities. This information will be kept confidential.
Barrier-Free Recruitment and Selection
TCDSB embraces the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and as such, is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department at the time of your application of any requirement for an accommodation. The need for documentation to support the accommodation will be requested as required prior to the implementation of any accommodation measures.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a completed résumé, cover letter, and any related educational documents, and reference letters, no later than Wednesday, December 8, 2021. Failure to complete a full package may impact your eligibility for an interview.
Applications are to be submitted online through ApplyToEducation at:
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note, candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide original applicable education documents.
The Government of Ontario has implemented a COVID-19 immunization disclosure requirement for all publicly funded school board staff. Please be aware that all successfully recruited candidates will be required to complete TCDSB’s COVID Attestation Declaration once hired. All new hires who are not immunized against COVID-19, will be required to undertake regular rapid antigen testing. Please note, you are not to forward proof of vaccination or medical exemption information at this time.