POSITION: STUDENT LIFE ANIMATOR AND COOK CLASS II (ONE POSITION)
DEPARTMENT: POST-SECONDARY STUDENTS SERVICES
COMPETITION NUMBER: ANIMATOR/COOK2111-01
LOCATION: MONTREAL AREA
STATUS: FULL-TIME SEASONAL POSITION: 50% SUPERNUMERARY ANIMATOR AND 50% SEASONAL COOK
DURATION: FROM JANUARY 2022 TO JUNE 2022
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Director of the Post-Secondary Department, the part-time animator and part-time cook class II must: see to the organization, animation, guidance and safety of the Kativik School Board sponsored students and assumes responsibility of the management of residence’s kitchen in addition to preparing and cooking food for the personnel and students staying at the residence.
IN GENERAL, THIS POSITION INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize weekly activities for PSSS Sponsored students;
- Assist in the organization of monthly activities with all sponsored students;
- See to the safety and well-being of students;
- Animate groups when they arrive (assist with orientation);
- Animate and/or partake in student activities;
- Work closely with social and academic counsellors to support quality of life activities;
- Develop and offer workshops and discussions on budgeting, urban living, healthy choices and others;
- Work with the Post-Secondary team to ensure constant support and follow up with students;
- Managing the kitchen in terms of budget, prices and supplies;
- Preparing balanced menus according to nutrition standards;
- Controlling distribution of the food;
- Maintaining a perpetual inventory of supplies and food stocks;
- Ensuring the rational use and rotation of food stocks in order to avoid a too frequent repetition of the same meals;
- Assure cargo reception and follow up of inventory;
- Inspect and store delivered merchandise and maintain the work area and food stored;
- Ensure the menu incorporates foods relevant to the culture of the students (country foods);
- All other tasks deemed relevant by his/her immediate superior.
- DEC or University Degree in a relevant specialization;
- Vocational diploma in professional cooking or a diploma or attestation of studies which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority;
- MAPAQ certification is an asset.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Must be fluent in at least two (2) of the three (3) working languages of the Board (Inuktitut, French, English).
- Knowledge of Inuit culture, traditions, country foods and history (as asset);
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously;
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent organization;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, set priorities and solve problems;
- Experience animating groups;
- Driver’s license (an asset);
- Knowledge of word processing and spread sheets.
A total of 35 to 43 hours a week:
- Animator: up to 20 hours, 3 to 4 days a week (flexibility required)
- Cook class II: Approximate work schedule is up to 23 hours per week; Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 9am to 5:45 pm
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Animator: In accordance with the SPPOM collective agreement for professionals: prorated from $44,671 to $74,842 annually depending on qualification and experience. Cook class II: $24.76 an hour, in accordance with the AENQ collective agreement for support employees, this position belongs to job category 5312.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 20 days of annual vacation
- 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:00 pm, December 2nd, 2021
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
You must indicate ANIMATOR/COOK2111-01 in the subject of the e-mail.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.