APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE POSITION OF
SUPPLY EDUCATION ASSISTANT
Daily Rate of Pay:
- $137.00 (inclusive of vacation and statutory holiday pay)
Working Hours: 6 hours, 40 minutes/day, excluding unpaid lunch break
The TCDSB is one of the largest school boards in Canada, and is the largest publicly funded Catholic school board in the world. The TCDSB is an inclusive learning community rooted in the love of Christ. We educate students to grow in grace and knowledge and to lead lives of faith, hope and charity. At the TCDSB we transform the world through witness, faith, innovation and action.
We are currently accepting applications for Supply Education Assistants. The primary function of the job is to provide assistance to students in the areas of spiritual, education, social, behavioural and physical needs.
The Board maintains a roster of temporary/casual staff for assignment to cover employee absences. Supply staff are assigned from a pool on an as-needed basis.
Please note the following documents are required as part of your application package:
- Covering letter addressed to the Sr. Manager of Recruitment, Human Resources
- Proof of catholicity (baptismal certificate or positive pastoral reference from a Roman Catholic priest)
- Proof of educational credentials (minimum of grade 12 or Ontario equivalency). Preference will be given to those that currently hold an Education Assistant Diploma or a Child and Youth Worker Diploma.
- Two work related reference letters from previous employers
Barrier-Free Recruitment and Selection
The TCDSB is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department, at the time of your application, of any requirement for accommodation in order for us to assess all candidates in a fair and equitable manner. Documentation to support the accommodation may be requested as required prior to the implementation of the accommodation measures.
Applications are to be submitted online through Apply To Education.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note, candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide original applicable education documents.