Supply Teacher- Upper School
Employment Terms: Occasional
Start Date: December 2021
Upper Canada College (UCC) is recognized nationally and globally as one of North America’s foremost boys’ schools. Educating tomorrow’s leaders since 1829, UCC is an International Baccalaureate World School, with IB scores 10 per cent above the global average. UCC offers transformational learning experiences to students in Senior Kindergarten through Year 12, including boarders from 26 countries. UCC is focused on making the world a more just and inclusive place through dialogue and teamwork. With a commitment to equity and fairness, students learn that what makes us different as individuals makes us stronger as a community. A rigorous academic program is supported by accomplished faculty, exceptional co-curricular programming, and state of-the-art facilities. The UCC experience is underpinned by five core values: learning, pluralism, service, community, and wellbeing. Among its strategic goals is UCC’s ambition to become more diverse and inclusive. This is supported by a recognition that no learning community is whole without the inclusion and amplification of multiple voices; UCC is committed to fostering belonging, striving for justice and peace among all people, and addressing systemic and structural forms of oppression.
We are looking for supply teachers at our school who are passionate educators to include on our list of supply teachers. At this time, we are looking for teachers in all subject areas who are interested in working with our students, but specifically the following subject areas: Visual Arts, English & Spanish.
- Follow lesson plans outlined by the permanent teacher within the timeframes provided;
- Effectively teach professionally and demonstrate an understanding of core subjects;
- Classroom management;
- Professionally carry out the duties of a teacher in accordance with the school’s policies.
Key Experience, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Experience teaching intermediate students, senior students;
- Demonstrated ability to implement lesson plans with specific timeframes;
- Ability to provide written feedback on student behavior and work;
- Demonstrate effective classroom management;
- Ability to take direction and be open to feedback;
- Ability to work independently and can be adaptable and flexible.
UCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ persons. UCC embraces pluralism – celebrating differences, cherishing similarities, and giving voice to multiple perspectives. If you are contacted regarding a UCC opportunity, please advise if you require any accommodations.
Please apply online by creating a “Teachers” profile account. We thank all candidates in advance; however, we will contact only those selected for an interview.
To learn more about us please visit our site at www.ucc.on.ca