UNQUALIFIED CLASSROOM SUPPORT POSITIONS
ARE YOU SOMEONE WHO:
- Is available even one day a week;
- Has experience and enjoys working with school-age children;
- Can assume a wide variety of duties;
- Communicates in a sensitive, courteous manner with students, parents, staff and the general public;
- Is able to work as a team player;
- Remains calm and non-confrontational under pressure,
- Thrives in a fast paced environment, and
- Is able to obtain a current Vulnerable Sector Background Check, (Current First Aid and CPR certification is an asset.)
If so, we invite you to submit your application for both the Secondary and Elementary Panels of the Renfrew County District School Board (RCDSB).
In these positions, you would be called in on an as needed basis, often on the day of the assignment.
Supply Teacher – Would be responsible for supervising a classroom and should be prepared to follow out instructions provided by the teacher.
Special Education Teacher Assistant – Would be working with children with special needs, behaviours and collaborating with the classroom teacher. Must be able to remain calm and non confrontational under pressure.
Early Childhood Educator – Would be responsible for assisting the teacher in a Kindergarten classroom to maintain a safe, caring and respectful learning environment.
Applications are currently being accepted.
To learn more, or to submit an application, please visit our webpage: https://www.rcdsb.on.ca/en/board/careers.asp.
Please advise the Human Resources Department HRDept@rcdsb.on.ca prior to the closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made. All offers of employment are conditional upon receipt of a current vulnerable sector screening criminal background check acceptable to the Board. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.