POSITION: VICE PRINCIPAL – BANK 2020-2021
DEPARTMENT: SCHOOL OPERATIONS
COMPETITION NUMBER: BANKVP2004-01
LOCATION: VARIOUS NUNAVIK COMMUNITIES
STATUS: REGULAR AND REPLACEMENT POSITIONS
STARTING DATE: AUGUST 2020
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the authority of the Director of School Operations, the Vice-principal is responsible to assist the Principal in the pedagogical management of the school programs and resources in accordance with the policies of the Board.
- Permanent teaching diploma (Brevet) issued by the Ministry of Education, Higher Education and Research (MEESR) or a teaching license recognized under the Education Act for Cree, Inuit and Naskapi Native Persons (R.S.Q., c. I-14);
- A bachelor’s degree in education or an undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study certifying a minimum three-year university program or hold a senior executive or senior staff position in a school board for which an undergraduate degree is required under the minimum qualifications or hold a position of vice-principal.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualification requirements if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board
- Five (5) years of experience in a teaching or in professional position including at least three (3) years in teaching;
- Fluency in two of the three working languages of the Board (Inuktitut, English and French);
- Experience as a leader in a cross-cultural environment is an asset.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 8 as per the working conditions of managers; from $ 84,166 to $112,219 annually depending on school size, qualifications and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 25 days of annual vacation
- Up to 10 recuperation days
- 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
You must indicate BANKVP2004-01 in the subject of the e-mail.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.