DEPARTMENT: SCHOOL OPERATIONS
COMPETITION NUMBER: VPPUV2111-01
STATUS: FULL-TIME REGULAR
STARTING DATE : JANUARY 2022
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Principal, the Vice-principal is responsible to assist the latter in the pedagogical management of the school programs and resources in accordance with the policies of the Board.
- Permanent teaching diploma (Brevet) issued by the Ministry of Education, Higher Education and Research (MEESR) or a teaching license recognized under the Education Act for Cree, Inuit and Naskapi Native Persons (R.S.Q., c. I-14);
- A Bachelor’s degree in education or an undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study certifying a minimum three-year university program or hold a senior executive or senior staff position in a school board for which an undergraduate degree is required under the minimum qualifications or hold a position of Vice-principal.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualification requirements if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board
- Five (5) years of experience in a teaching or in professional position including at least three (3) years in teaching;
- Fluency in two of the three working languages of the Board (Inuktitut, English and French);
- Experience as a leader in a cross-cultural environment is an asset.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 00-08 as per the working conditions of managers at KI: from $84,166 to $112,219 annually depending on school size, qualifications and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 30 days of annual vacation
- Up to 10 recuperation days
- Two weeks of vacation during the holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To apply, pick one of the following ways:
- Visit our career website (https://career.kativik.qc.ca/) and click on “Apply”, or
- Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate VPPUV2111-01 in the subject of the e-mail.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.