- Toronto Catholic District School Board
- Posting Date
- May 18, 2017
- Closing Date
May 31, 2017
PLEASE NOTE: Hours of work will fall within the day shift band and may change consistent with the collective agreement. Hours to be confirmed upon hire.
PLEASE NOTE: Flexible home base, to be determined by management, based on system needs.
- Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor for their assigned area
- Responsible for an established preventative maintenance routine for TCDSB building automation systems
- Inspecting, troubleshoot and repairing of pneumatic and electronic (DDC) building service controls and associated equipment.
- Programming of building automation systems
- Repairing and installation of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems controls
- On site in servicing of caretakers
- Responsible for the safe operation and safekeeping of tools supplied by the Board, safe operation and maintenance of company vehicle while in use
- Maintain accurate records (e.g., vehicle maintenance, work orders, timesheets, etc.)
- Perform other job related duties as assigned or required
- The use of proper safety protective equipment is required at all times
- Minimum of five (5) years practical experience in Building Automation, DDC and pneumatic control systems
- Demonstrable knowledge of Building Automation, DDC and pneumatic systems (Metasys Facilities Operators, Honeywell and JCS Dx-9100 systems)
- Demonstrate ability to write sequence of operations for heating and ventilating systems
- Demonstrate ability to read and draw schematic drawings
- Ability to function without close supervision
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS – MUST BE UPLOADED TO ESS BEFORE/ON BID SUBMISSION
- Must have a community college diploma in Instrumentation Engineering Technician (Industrial)
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s “G” license.
- If candidates are selected for an interview, they must submit proof of good driving record before the interview.
- Must be proficient in the English language (both written and verbal) in order to comprehend manuals and maintain work records.
Barrier-Free Recruitment and Selection
The TCDSB is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department, at the time of your application, of any requirement for accommodation in order for us to assess all candidates in a fair and equitable manner. Documentation to support the accommodation may be requested as required prior to the implementation of the accommodation measures.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a complete résumé and related educational documents and reference letters referring to Posting# NU2017-096, BAS & Controls Technician are to be received from interested candidates no later than Tuesday May 31, 2017 and should be submitted by email to:
Bessie Gruppuso, Senior Manager of Recruitment
Toronto Catholic District School Board
80 Sheppard Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario M2N 6E8
Only those applicants granted interviews will be contacted
IMPORTANT: If supporting documents (educational documents and references, including related transcripts) are not included with the resume and covering letter, Human Resources will void the application.