- Renfrew County District School Board
- Posting Date
- January 11, 2017
- Closing Date
January 17, 2017
RENFREW COUNTY DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
OCCASIONAL EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (FRENCH IMMERSION)
(For the period of March 20, 2017 to June 30, 2017 or return of incumbent)
The Early Learning Program Team, which involves kindergarten teachers and early childhood educators, will be working in partnership with school administration, parents, other staff members and community groups to provide our children with a stronger start in a safe, caring and respectful learning environment.
Hours of work: 7 hours per day paid position with a minimum of 30 minutes (unpaid) lunch. Various possible schedules according to program needs.
Summary of Duties:
- Design and implement in an early learning environment an enriched program that addresses children’s development, abilities, special talents, interest, style and pace of learning in partnership with the kindergarten teacher.
- Collaborate with kindergarten teachers, other early childhood educators and parents to implement the Full Day Early Learning Kindergarten Program.
- Observe, monitor and assess the development and progress of pupils in junior kindergarten and kindergarten (for example; via journals, observations, assessment tools and student portfolios).
- Communicate with families and participate in team and parent meetings (if appropriate depending on length of assignment).
- Maintain a safe, caring and respectful learning environment that recognizes and respects individual differences in children.
- And other duties to be assigned by principal.
- Two-year Early Childhood Education Diploma with at least two years related experience, comparable to the duties listed above, in an early learning environment.
- Proficiency in French is required. Preference will be given to bilingual applicants.
- Proof of registration and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and in a sensitive and courteous manner with children, staff, parents and community members.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully designing, preparing, implementing and enhancing early learning opportunities.
- Proven ability to thrive and work in a team environment.
- First Aid, CPR(C) and WHMIS certification.
- Proficiency in computer applications (word processing, e-mail and internet).
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
Please visit the Renfrew County District School Board’s website to complete the online application form no later than 3:00 pm on January 17, 2017.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.
All offers of employment are conditional upon receipt of a current vulnerable
sector screening criminal background check acceptable to the Board.
Please advise Human Resources Department (HRdept@rcdsb.on.ca) prior
to the closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout
the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.