**SALARY GRID POSSIBLE INCREASE JANUARY 2023**
Job description-Intermediate Teacher
JOB DESCRIPTION Peetabeck Academy welcomes teacher applicants who share our vision. They are individuals who have a growth mindset with a passion to be lifelong learners, and who possess high emotional intelligence that fosters empathy, a social conscience, and accountability.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Oct certification in good standing with qualifications Junior/Intermediate Divisions or equivalent
• New/experienced teachers are welcomed
• Some experience in a similar position is an asset
• A demonstrated passion and commitment toward continued professional growth and development
• Strong communication skills (written & oral) with students, parents, and administrators
• Strong skills to work in a collaborative working environment
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Follow required course expectations.
2. Develop work units prior to the start of academic year.
3. Work in the capacity of teacher and mentor to all students.
4. Demonstrated passion and commitment toward continued professional growth and development
5. Ensure the protection of all students in the school at all times.
6. Work within the guidelines of all applicable legislation.
7. Pay attention to and follow up on any changes or abnormal student behaviour.
8. Attend staff meetings and communicate regularly with other members of staff, parents, students, and other external contacts as required.
9. Keep accurate academic notes and records regarding student progress, compiling and maintaining database information as required.
10. Assign work and homework fairly and equitably.
11. Collect and review all student work and grade accordingly.
12. Provide regular and meaningful feedback to students.
13. Demonstrate a passion and commitment toward continued professional growth and development
14. Prepare course overview, unit plans, an assessment plan, and daily lessons plans.
• Applied technical knowledge of the subject matter
• Applied technical knowledge of course construction and teaching unit development
• Applied knowledge and ability in a classroom setting.
• Knowledge of current relevant legislation including the Child Protection Act and Education Act.
SKILLS & ABILITY
Growth mindset with a passion for lifelong learning
• Possess high emotional intelligence with the ability to foster empathy
• Possess a social conscience
• Strong sense of accountability and sound judgement and awareness
Diplomacy, discretion and tact in dealing with sensitive situations
• Well-developed sense of confidentiality
• Ability to effectively handle concerns and problem solve
• Excellent communication, listening and understanding skills
• Interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent collaborative working, administrative, organizational, and time management skills.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and conflicting priorities with the ability to adapt to a changing environment with initiative and flexibility ABOUT THE BENEFITS As recognition for all your hard work and determination, you can look forward to a competitive annual salary, plus the following:
• 100% health benefits package
• Pension plan • Free Teacherages • Free Internet • Northern Allowance • Travel allowance This is your chance to make a change in a dynamic environment!
We thank all candidates in advance. However, we will contact only those selected for an interview. To work at Peetabeck Academy, all employees must provide a Police Vulnerable Sector check.
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: Until filled
Expected start date: January 9, 2023
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $54,884.00-$78,434.00 per year