Fort Albany First Nation is Cree Nation community along the west coast of James Bay. With a population of approximately 1,200 people within the community itself, Fort Albany First Nation serves around 5,000 band members that it shares with Kashechewan First Nation.
Mundo Peetabeck Education Authorities mission and vision statements are to focus life-long learning for all by promoting traditional values, retention of Cree language and achieving student success while maintaining a safe and positive environment. Mundo Peetabeck will provide the leadership to motivate and encourage all residents to work together to benefit the future aspirations of the community. To ensure the continuation of traditional values, enhance community involvement, provide personal and academic support by implementing Seven Grandfather Teachings. Teamwork with everyone involved and also sharing our traditional values with everyone in the community.
POSITION: Peetabeck Academy Grade 8 Teacher
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: $73,816-$106,254 per year
• Preparing, teaching, and assessing academic subjects, on par with the Ontario curriculum
• Incorporating First Nation cultural knowledge and activities into the curriculum and classroom teaching, in collaboration with the Language and Cultural coordinator
• Participating in ongoing Professional Development
• Providing necessary information to the Principal for reports
• Coordinating meetings with parents and other professionals when necessary
• you will need an Ontario Teaching Certificate and excellent leadership skills.
• Knowledge of First Nations culture and experience with First Nations students is an asset, along with possessing excellent interpersonal skills and classroom management skills.
You will need to be a member of the Ontario College of Teachers in good standing, and be able to demonstrate a professional work ethic and experience in a leadership position.
• As our ideal candidate for this role, you will have knowledge of culturally responsive teaching practices, and be able to integrate First Nations cultural knowledge and activities into the curriculum. In addition, you will have excellent computer literacy skills, along with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Special education training or experience working with students. with special needs would be an asset.
• Finally, it is important that you are willing to participate in local community and cultural events
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*****If hired, Current Criminal Reference Check including Vulnerable Screening Vector required**