DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Posting #: 23 T181A
Posting Date: October 11, 2023
Closing Date: November 15, 2023
School: Whistle Bend Elementary School
FTE: 1.0 Permanent
Start Date: January 8, 2024
Whistle Bend Elementary School is a brand new, state of the art, K- to Grade 7 elementary school, focusing on 21st century learning principals. We are located on the traditional territory of the Kwanlin Dün First Nation and Ta’an Kwäch’än council. The school is situated in a brand new, rapidly growing, diverse and culturally inclusive subdivision. As Whistle Bend’s first school, the citizens are excited to foster community spirit and nurture the next generation of learners.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
We invite applications from system focused leaders who are innovative and collaborative with a focus on building community.
• Possession of a Master’s Degree in Education or equivalent in educational administration and/or another related field;
• Considerable experience and success as a school Administrator;
• Considerable experience working in an elementary setting, which integrates experiential learning and incorporates First Nations culturally relevant content;
• Experience supporting success for vulnerable learners with appropriate interventions;
• Experience building community with focus on cultural diversity to foster student learning success is considered an asset;
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND SUITABILITY:
• Demonstrated knowledge of inclusive education programs (including alternative education, learning support, special education, education assistance support and active
· participation with the school-based team) as well as how to meet the needs of our First Nations students;
• Desire and passion for developing and maintaining strong and respectful relationships and trust with students, their families and the community as a whole;
• Ability to implement effective support systems to assist at-risk students ( e.g., mentorship opportunities, study groups);
• Solid communication skills and engagement skills, promoting community involvement in school-based activities, the use of the facilities and educational programming;
• Strong and effective leadership skills; demonstrated ability to motivate teachers and create a strong collaborative team;
• Strong decision-making skills; including demonstrating effective listening, ability to accommodate and mediate diverse views, to stand up for what is best for students and the school community and to stand firm with informed decisions;
• Administrative skills required such as supervise budget, develop and implement school procedures, schedule for optimum learning, select and supervise staff and manage risk;
• Strong planning and organizational skills;
• Commitment to seeking cooperative solutions;
· To be an Administrator in Yukon, you must hold your Teacher Certification in another Canadian province/territory first;
· Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check.
· Relocation may be available.
For more information about Yukon, visit https://www.travelyukon.com/
TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY, GO TO: