SAIT's School of Hospitality and Tourism is consistently recognized as one of the best hospitality schools in the world. We are proud to be the only institution in Canada to hold a Top 50 hospitality school ranking with both CEOWORLD Magazine and QS University Rankings.
Our prestigious reputation has been built on our progressive curriculum, strong relationships with industry and our unparalleled approach to applied education.
The School of Hospitality and Tourism (H&T) is proud to be ranked as both as the number one hospitality school and number one culinary school in Canada, and #18 in the world. The school is currently accepting applications for a Hospitality and Tourism Management Instructor, with a specialization in Hotel & Accommodation. Reporting to the Academic Chair, Hospitality and Tourism Management you will work with students and faculty in a team-oriented setting to champion innovation, inclusion, and values of belonging. As a leader in your field, you will be accountable for promoting a positive and interactive learning environment with academic lectures and hands-on learning, events, and activities to inspire the future leaders of our industry.
Our school is proud of our ranking and this success is founded upon four things:
- Our world-class and incredibly passionate faculty and staff.
- Our strong programs are guided by industry and rooted in the human and practical skills our students need to succeed.
- Our deep commitment to immersive and real-world learning; and
- Our alumni continue to make an extraordinary impact as professionals, leaders, and entrepreneurs.
With an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit, the school trains approx. 1,200 students each year, year-round in addition to operating hotel practicums, live-classroom food and beverage venues, and North America’s only student-run travel center, Destinations. Add continuing education, corporate training, and research to the mix, and you’ve got a one-of-a-kind school that attracts top talent from around the world.
Working collaboratively with the school leadership team, faculty, staff, SAIT community, and industry, you will help us on our journey to become recognized as one of the world’s preeminent schools in hospitality, tourism, and culinary arts education. Student success is the bedrock of our success, and as such you will be a champion of the student experience, program excellence, and innovation.
- Deliver engaging courses in the Hospitality and Tourism Management Program to diploma students using a combination of theoretical content and active applied instructional methods
- Prepare and present lectures and labs
- Evaluate student progress and achievement
- Provide ongoing support, guidance, and advice to learners
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the hospitality and tourism industry, specifically in the hotel and accommodations sector
- Strong knowledge of hotel operations including, revenue management, hotel events, and facilities management.
- Bachelor’s degree preference in Hospitality and Tourism, or Business
- Teaching experience/Provincial Instructor Diploma program is an asset
- LMS/Brightspace (D2L) knowledge as an asset
- Property Management System OPERA knowledge as an asset
- Demonstrated computer skills are essential, including basic level proficiency in Office 365 including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Background in leadership training and cross-cultural communication as an asset
- Ability to create a learning environment in labs and classrooms to ensure inclusivity and access for all learners
- Aptitude for mentoring and teaching others
- Possess a positive, respectful attitude and high commitment to student success and collaboration
- Strong organizational skills
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
Job Classification: INSTRUCTOR - S4001
Salary Range: $85,388.00 - $91,482.00
Posting Closing Date: November 10, 2023
View a summary of our benefits and perks for salaried employees.
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers, we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS