The MacPhail School of Energy is the only energy school in Canada, and we are charting a new course with a focus on sustainable energy sources and practices. MacPhail School of Energy provides hands-on, industry-guided training in labs that mimic job site environments, giving students the skills needed to find a rewarding career in the energy sector.
Reporting to the Academic Chair of the program, we are recruiting for two engaging and caring instructors to teach daytime courses. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to teach core power engineering courses in world-class power lab facilities that are considered among the best in North America.
We offer competitive benefits, opportunities for professional development, and meaningful work in a supportive and collaborative environment. If you are looking for better work-life balance, the opportunity to share your knowledge , and the reward of helping shape the next generation of power engineers, this role may be for you!
- Instruct high level technology courses to mature learners
- Develop course outlines, profiles and curriculum
- Participate in curriculum and program reviews
- Prepare additional study and lab materials for learners
- Evaluate student progress and achievement
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to learners
- Maintain close contact with relevant industry sectors
- Perform related duties as assigned to meet the emerging needs of SAIT and its students
- Evaluate projects from an economic and environmental point of view
- Instructing on current government regulations and compliance processes
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 7 years industry experience
- Must be a member of ABSA with a minimum of 2nd Class certification (1st Class preferred)
- Previous teaching experience is an asset, but not required
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Knowledge & Skills
- Well-developed presentation and communication skills (written and oral)
- Innovative mindset and desire to make long term lasting improvements
- Ability to empathize with the needs of students and the work team
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus and strong relationship building skills
Job classification: Instructor
Salary range: $97,389 - $103,715
# of positions: 2
Posting closing date: November 3, 2023
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers, we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS