SAIT's School for Advanced Digital Technology (SADT) is committed to preparing our students to thrive in the borderless, global economy. We offer an exciting range of media and technology programs built on a foundation of applied, technology-immersed experiences and enhanced with work-integrated learning opportunities.
How do we make this happen? Through a committed school of experts focused on the values of excellence in learning and learners, partnerships and collaboration, and being flexible and forward thinking. SADT is SAIT’s boldest transformation to date — designed with the future in mind and working closer with industry than ever. Join us as we strive to instigate a new world!
The software development program offers two years diploma covers wide range of software analysis and design, object-oriented programming, web development, database design and programming, software testing, security and deployment. We are looking for Casual instructor positions for the above-mentioned subject areas for upcoming Spring Summer and Fall.
The instructor's role is to professionally manage the learning process of the students and to ensure that students achieve established learning objectives to the maximum of their potential. The instructor is to make use of all available resources, methods, techniques and strategies, to ensure student success. The instructor is expected to work collaboratively with colleagues, and to create a learning environment which is pedagogically sound, technically supported and innovative in nature.
Learn more about our Software Development Program here:
Reporting to the Academic Chair, this position requires knowledge and skills to instruct in the Software Development Program. The most important component is a keen desire to teach and help students learn – we are a team of instructors, and we can support candidates in learning specific technologies and applications.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to learners
- Prepare additional study and lab materials for learners
- Use a variety of instructional techniques to promote learning and personal development
- Show personal interest in the learner and create a climate conducive to optimal learning
- Manage the classroom or lab to the benefit of the learners
- Demonstrate competencies in leadership, communication, teamwork, problem solving, emotional intelligence, and time management
You might be the ideal candidate we're seeking for if you demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following courses:Object orientated programming (Python, C#, Java etc)Web Development (Frontend, Backend)User Experience and DesignSoftware Analysis and DesignDatabase Admin, Design and programingSecurity for Software DevelopersOperating System Essentials
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant post-secondary education (minimum two-year diploma from a recognized institute) and a minimum of 4 years related industry experience. For candidates with a higher degree, industry experience can be reduced.
- Teaching experience at a post-secondary institute in Canada is an asset. Previous teaching, training, or mentoring experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to organize and present written information
- Strong commitment to delivering high quality instruction within set deadlines
Job classification: INSTRUCTOR - S4001
Hourly range: $40.48 - $46.91
# of positions: 20
Position End Date: December 30, 2024
Posting closing date: Until position is filled
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers, we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS