SAIT’s School of Manufacturing, Automation & Transportation provides the skills-based training and development to prepare students for a career in Alberta's rapidly growing oil and gas, transportation, manufacturing and automation sectors. We provide applied learning in action through our trades and technology programs.
Reporting to the Academic Chair, Aero Programs, we are currently recruiting three Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology Instructors to share their knowledge to equip the next generation and provide exceptional service to students and clients. We are looking for positive and highly motivated Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technicians holding a Transport Canada AME “M” license.
If you are looking for better work-life balance, the opportunity to share your knowledge , and the reward of helping shape the next generation of maintenance engineers, this role may be for you!
- Instruct high level technology courses to mature learners
- Develop course outlines, profiles and curriculum
- Participate in curriculum and program reviews
- Prepare additional study and lab materials for learners
- Evaluate student progress and achievement
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to learners
- Maintain close contact with relevant industry sectors
- Continuously develop professionally: by enhancing both technical knowledge and instructional skills
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to create an engaging and positive work and learning environment
- Perform related duties as assigned to meet the emerging needs of SAIT and its students
Qualifications & Experience
- Transport Canada AME, M license
- Minimum Post-Secondary Education: Two-year Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology diploma
- Communication skills; including written, spoken and presentation skills
- An innovative mindset and the desire to make long term lasting improvements
- Ability to take a firm stand on important issues yet is empathetic to the needs of learners and the work team
- Previous teaching experience is an asset, but not required
- General computer experience with a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet applications and industry related software
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to function as a team member
- A customer service focus and strong relationship building skills
Job classification: INSTRUCTOR - S4001
Salary range: $85,388 - $94,226
# of positions: 3
Posting closing date: November 7, 2023
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers, we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS