The MUHC – McGill University Ocular Pathology & Translational Research Laboratory
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
Under the general supervision of the Director of the MUHC-McGill University Ocular Pathology & Translational Research Laboratory, the incumbent provides general administrative support to the Director & the Laboratory members.
• Assists the Director of the MUHC-McGill University Ocular Pathology & Translational Research Laboratory in his administrative duties, (includes daily management of agenda, travel, meeting document preparation etc.)
• Types from dictation, drafts, letters, correspondence, memos, forms, mass mailings,
• Composes and translates recommendation letters and memos,
• Answers, screens and relays telephone calls, takes messages and responds to general inquiries,
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail and arranges for courier service,
• Processes payment of invoices. Prepares and follows-up on payment requests, purchase order requests, and invoices,
• Organizes and maintains an efficient and effective filing system,
• Welcomes and processes new student registration in the Laboratory (via McGill University or RI-MUHC), requests Glen access,
• Ensures follow-up on any repairs of equipment and/or physical space. Requests and liaises for services with housekeeping, security, IT, technical services and telecom, under the direction of the Director and laboratory members,
• Advises the Director of any unusual situations or issues,
• Performs any other general office duties such as photocopying, scanning, receiving and sending faxes, etc.
• Assists with the preparation of research presentation materials,
• Books meeting rooms,
• Proof reads and formats general grant and account related correspondence,
• Prepares travel expense forms and other reimbursement forms for Director & Laboratory members,
• Maintains an up-to-date academic CV for the Director,
• Prepares supervisor-related materials for studentship and postdoctoral fellowship applications,
• Helps with the organization and planning of special events and staff functions,
• Arranges for physical organization of furniture, rearranges as necessary along with staff moves or changes,
• Performs other office duties and acts as main support as per the Director’s request and/or delegates (Laboratory members),
• Prepares patient documentation and pathology billing forms when necessary.
• Secondary V Diploma (D.E.S.) or Vocational Diploma “Secretarial” (DEP - 1,485 hours) or equivalent,
• Two (2) years of related experience,
• French and English - spoken and written,
• Excellent knowledge of computer applications such as, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint,
• Capacity to learn other software such as Reference Manager,
• Word-processing: minimum of 40 words per minute.
Status:Temporary full time, maternity leave replacement
Pay Scale: Commensurate with qualifications and experience / $39,548.60 - $59,332.00.
Work Shift: 35-hour work week – Hybrid with remote work on Fridays
Work Site: Glen RI-MUHC & Work from home Fridays
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who self-identify as members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We also welcome candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may confidentially contact, firstname.lastname@example.org