Permanent – Full Time
Commencing August 2022
Our teachers provide a rigorous curricular experience that embraces inquiry-based instructional strategies. We are seeking highly collaborative teachers who are passionate about their subject areas and who actively seek the opportunity for interdisciplinary and real-world connections and who are innovative not only in the use of technology but in the ways that they engage students in learning. Experienced teachers who have been engaged in ongoing professional learning and are excited about making a difference in the lives of young women are encouraged to apply for the following position.
You are a passionate business teacher that is able to provide instruction in a variety of areas such as economics, marketing, finance, accounting, and international business operations. You have a passion for Cooperative Education and you are excited to apply your learning and integrate your experiences in a new and challenging manner. Current business topics and events are explored through an inquiry lens in your culturally responsive, inclusive classroom.
- Prepare lesson plans, outlines and assessments using inquiry and problem-based learning that engages students, challenges them, and meets the subject-specific outcomes and expectations
- Ability to differentiate lesson plans based on the needs of your students
- Participate in co-curricular activities including coaching, clubs, trips and participating in the school community as a whole
- Engage in interdisciplinary initiatives particularly between business and economics
- Make contributions that productively support the overall well-being and growth of students in the Senior School
- Integrate technology in the classroom in ways that enhance the student learning experience and deepen knowledge and conceptual understanding
- Communicate effectively with parents about all aspects of the overall program and the individual learning of each student
- Integrate diversity, equity, inclusiveness and belonging into the classroom learning environment
Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- Bachelor of Education required
- Must have an Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) certificate
- Intermediate and Senior Divisions, Economics, Business Studies, Mathematics considered an asset
- Undergraduate degree with specialization in Business and/or Economics
- Strong proficiency in Google Suite; knowledge of Brightspace an asset
- Commitment to, and passion for, furthering the work of the school and girls’ education
- A demonstrated passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, multi-task, adapt to change and work under pressure in a highly rigorous educational setting
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the proven ability to develop relationships and a caring rapport with students and their families, and with teachers
- Commitment to participate as a collaborative member in all aspects of the department, school and in school life
- Passion and desire to continually learn about the changing dynamic landscape of post secondary education
- Commitment and desire to create inclusive and diverse spaces of belonging
- Proven strengths in problem-solving and adapting to change
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Business Teacher in the subject line. For more information about BSS, please visit our website at www.bss.on.ca
Please note, we have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for employees, unless official documentation of a human rights exemption is provided and can be accommodated.
We thank all candidates in advance.
We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
We believe that diversity in our school fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment.
We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Visit us at www.bss.on.ca