Are you interested in Education or Psychology?... Do you like working with kids?...
Would working with a child to help them achieve their potential challenge you?
Then an opportunity with Fit Learning may be exactly what you are looking for.
Who are we?
Fit Learning is not a one-size, fits all tutoring center in Toronto. We help our learners build fluency in core academic skills by combining learning science, precision teaching, and curriculum-based assessment. The result is learners who are confident, possess the ability to expertly perform in any classroom environment, and who acquire a newfound capacity for learning.
What would the role include?
- Accountable for preparing and running sessions related to all curriculum domains that the Learning Coach is certified in.
- Recognizing and communicating barriers in sessions preventing success.
- Working closely with Case Managers, Learning Coaches, and the Directorship to maintain and grow Fit Learning by preparing for and conducting appropriate training sessions based on the Fit Learning model.
What do you possess?
- Strong language skills with the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Math ability: Comprehension of basic math and the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs, line graphs and logarithmic graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Capable of carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Fluency with computer systems including but not limited to MS office, Zoom, Dropbox, Notability etc.
- The ability and willingness to work with children and be able to adapt your approach according to the learner's needs.