Apply By: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 11:59 pm EDT
GENERAL MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
Organization: Ministry of Education
Division: Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Job Code: 93006 - Mtce Mechanic 3
Salary: $27.10 - $29.40 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Posting Status: Open
Job ID: 181214
View Job Description
The Ministry of Education, W. Ross Macdonald School requires an experienced Maintenance Mechanic to join our team.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• operate, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all heating, ventilation and other associated electromechanical devices/subsystems;
• replace and repair components;
• respond to service calls;
• complete and maintain appropriate logs/records; and
• assist with other maintenance activities/special projects as assigned.
How do I qualify?
• Gas Fitter 2 license
• You have thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience in the operation and maintenance of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and associated instrumentation and control systems to efficiently operate and maintain said systems including performing routine inspections, preventative maintenance and minor repairs (i.e. belt changing/tensioning, bearing replacements, recalibrations, replace/repair pumps, bearings, blowers, motors, valves, solenoids, timers, gauges, thermostats, repairing and installation of gas appliances, charging and evacuating AC/refrigeration units and repairing, inspecting boilers, etc.)
• You have knowledge of institutional and commercial building electrical systems (low and high voltage systems)
• You have good mechanical aptitude and experience performing routine general maintenance inspections, preventative maintenance and minor repairs (including basic welding)
• You have experience maintaining accurate and complete records including work order, preventative maintenance logs, service tags, chemical usage records, inventory records, warranty information and inputting same into computer.
Other essential skills:
• You are able to interpret and apply a variety of related policies, procedures and legislation such as Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, building codes/fire codes, local by-laws etc.
• You have good interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
• You have organizational, time management, analytical and problem solving skills
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti- racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Category: Maintenance and Trades
Posted on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022
The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions These positions may be of various tenures including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
How to apply:
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Thursday, May 26, 2022, 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening, or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario's Human Rights Code.