- Preparing, teaching, and assessing academic subjects, on par with the Ontario curriculum
- Incorporating First Nation cultural knowledge and activities into the curriculum and classroom teaching, in collaboration with the Language and Cultural coordinator
- Preparing and updating Individual Education Plans for assigned students
- Participating in ongoing Professional Development
- Providing necessary information to the Principal for reports
- Coordinating meetings with parents and other professionals when necessary
- Liaising with other service providers in order to enhance educational programming, with permission from the school principal In order to qualify for this role,
In order to qualify for this role,
- you will need an Ontario Teaching Certificate and excellent leadership skills.
- Knowledge of First Nations culture and experience with First Nations students is an asset, along with possessing excellent interpersonal skills and classroom management skills.
- You will need to be a member of the Ontario College of Teachers in good standing, and be able to demonstrate a professional work ethic and experience in a leadership position.
- As our ideal candidate for this role, you will have knowledge of culturally responsive teaching practices, and be able to integrate First Nations cultural knowledge and activities into the curriculum. In addition, you will have excellent computer literacy skills, along with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Special education training or experience working with students with special needs would be an asset.
- Finally, it is important that you are willing to participate in local community and cultural events.
Do you want to make a lasting difference to a vibrant First Nation Community? Here's your chance.
WE ALSO COVER TEACHER’S PENSION PLAN
FREE RENT TEACHERAGE FREE INTERNET
** **If hired, Current Criminal Reference Check including Vulnerable Screening Vector required**
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $54,884.00-$78,434.00 per year
Safe distancing, masks, hand washing.
Please contact the Education Director, Nicole Gillies, and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org