No. SCH II-22-0170NE
POSTED: June 15, 2022
DEADLINE: 12:00 noon: June 30, 2022
4 – Permanent Positions
Schedule II, Level 8
(Non-Union – 12 Month)
$92,892 - $111,471
The Toronto District School Board adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices.
Reporting to a designated Manager, the Project Supervisor will:
- Coordinate, plan and supervise outside contractors or in house trades staff to perform improvements for renewal projects, major maintenance construction, capital, new or replacement projects;
- Ensure that established schedules and approved budgets are maintained;
- Oversee progress of tendered projects, using outside contractors; and
- Ensure safety procedures are in place.
Summary of Duties:
- Effectively site administer renewal, new or replacement and major maintenance projects, using outside contractors or in house trades staff, in accordance with the tender results and contract documents;
- Supervise in house trade staff and/or oversee outside contractors;
- Provide tender analysis and recommendation for acceptance for contract awards;
- Approve invoices, extras, monthly progress draws, etc., within the contract and contingency amounts;
- Review with construction estimators for cost evaluation and manpower requirements, prior to tendering;
- Ensure safety policies are in place to safeguard workers, school staff and students;
- Coordinate start of project to accommodate school program and minimize inconvenience to staff;
- Liaise with school regarding scheduling of work affecting school program;
- Arrange with authorities having jurisdiction for inspections and building permits;
- Provide regular progress reports to regarding project development and budget;
- Review deficiency list prepared by contractor and ensure work is corrected;
- Obtain all manuals and warrantees and organize decommissioning;
- Set up initial site meetings and attend regular job meetings;
- Provide leadership in fostering equity and inclusiveness in the development and implementation of programs and services; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Engineering or Architecture with six years of related construction and project management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of relevant government regulations (e.g., Ontario Building Code, the Occupational Health and Safety Act);
- Experience evaluating construction documents and monitoring costs;
- Familiarity with related Board policies and procedures, construction specifications and relevant Collective Agreements;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with staff, stakeholders, outside contractors, suppliers, manufacturers and Union representatives;
- Experience administering contracts with outside contractors;
- Successful supervisory experience including leadership, mentoring and team building skills;
- Strong organization and problem solving skills;
- Proven ability in promoting equitable practices which value inclusiveness and diversity; and
- Computer knowledge including email, spreadsheets, databases, word processing and AutoCAD.
- Provision of own vehicle for Board business.
- Requires travel to TDSB sites on a regular basis.
- Requires wearing safety equipment (e.g., safety shoes, hard hats) when visiting construction sites.
- Membership in the Professional Engineers Ontario or Ontario Association of Architects.
Location: 15 Oakburn Crescent
Work Year: 12 months
Applications must be submitted:
- in résumé form with a covering letter to: email@example.com
- with competition # SCH II-22-0170NE in the subject line
- Apply no later than 12:00 noon on June 30, 2022.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities.
Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.