Leadership and Learning
Job Competition #SCH II-22-0184NE
Closing: July 11, 2022
Schedule II, Level 7
Salary: $84,425 - $101,298
Reporting to the Manager, Professional Learning, Training and Leadership Development, the Professional Learning Leader will contribute to the strategic planning and implementation of effective professional learning and leadership development within the Toronto District School Board.
Summary of Duties:
- Provide leadership in fostering equity and inclusiveness in the development and implementation of programs and services;
- Provide leadership in the planning, coordination and delivery of equitable and inclusive professional learning;
- Implement varying innovative methods for the delivery of professional learning and training, including the use of Information Communication Technologies (ICT) to ensure effective implementation and achievement of learning outcomes;
- Identify professional learning needs, establish priority areas and evaluate results to ensure alignment with TDSB’s A Vision for Learning;
- Plan, problem-solve, prioritize and allocate resources to meet the requirements of the system as it pertains to professional learning, training and leadership development;
- Build leadership capacity by working collaboratively with Departments to ensure equitable access to professional learning and leadership development opportunities;
- Liaise and work with various internal and external stakeholders to coordinate and align professional learning for specific employee groups;
- Design learning programs adhering to adult learning principles and instructional design methodology;
- Establish and provide direction to committees that support the ongoing implementation of professional learning and leadership development initiatives;
- Lead the development of evaluation processes for professional learning including analyzing data and strategically planning for system improvements;
- Prepare reports, presentations and communication materials;
- Provide coaching, consultation and knowledge-sharing to stakeholder groups addressing current and future training requirements;
- Lead special projects as required;
- Build partnerships with external organizations to foster best practice and innovation;
- Maintain current with developments in the field of professional learning by researching new and emerging technologies and methodologies in workplace learning, reading journals and attending courses;
- Attend and participate in meetings as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in related field (e.g. Human Resources, Adult Education) and five years related professional learning experience in a large multi-site, multi-union organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proven experience in leading, designing and delivering professional learning with expertise in project management;
- Proven ability in promoting equitable practices which value inclusiveness and diversity;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of the principles of adult learning;
- Knowledge of leadership development theory and practice;
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and projects;
- Superior organizational skills and follow-through;
- Demonstrated experience composing and editing presentation packages, correspondence and reports;
- Proven experience in the evaluation of training effectiveness;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to recognize and respond to diverse stakeholder learning needs and interests and building effective relationships;
- Experience in the use of technology for delivery of professional learning and training;
- Experience using learning management systems to publish, track and evaluate learning opportunities;
- Proficient computer skills including use of Google Suite and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work effectively with all sectors of the organization; and
- Ability to establish credibility with system partners.
- Provision of own vehicle for Board Business;
- Requires regular travel across the TDSB; and
- Ability to participate in after-hours training sessions.
- Certified Training Practitioner (CTP);
- Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP); and
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP).
This position is currently located at 17 Fairmeadow Avenue (not wheelchair accessible).
Applications must be submitted: