POSITION: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - SECOND LANGUAGES
DEPARTMENT: EDUCATION SERVICES
COMPETITION NUMBER: ESADSECL2111-01
LOCATION: NUNAVIK (COMMUNITY TO BE DETERMINED)
STATUS: FULL-TIME REGULAR POSITION
STARTING DATE: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Director of Education Services and in cooperation with other administrators of the Education Services Department, the Assistant Director is responsible for the following:
- Manage and coordinate the development, update and implementation of programs, means, educational approaches and teaching methods as well as evaluation methods related to second languages, but also the program organization, curricula and sanction modalities.
- Develop, update and monitor learning evaluation standards and internal tests in the designated subjects.
- Coordinate the activities related to the implementation and update of the curriculum in accordance with the standards of the MEES.
- Contribute to the development of the student evaluation policy and of the tests specific to Kativik Ilisarniliriniq.
- Participate in the development and updating of Kativik Ilisarniliriniq policies and rules.
- Represent the Board, as needed, on matters related to his/her field of work.
- Establish the budget under his/her responsibilities, monitor its use and provide reports as needed.
- Supervising the performance of employees under his/her direct responsibility;
- Any other responsibilities assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Undergraduate degree in an appropriate field certifying a university program of at least three years or has held a senior management or executive position in a school board where a university degree is a minimum requirement;
- Six (6) years of relevant experience, including team management experience;
- A teaching license recognized under the Education Act for Cree, Inuit and Naskapi Native Persons (R.S.Q., c. I-14).
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualification requirements if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Fluency in two of the three working languages of the Board (Inuktitut, French or English);
- Leadership and ability to promote teamwork;
- Willing to travel.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 9* as per the working conditions of KI’s managers: from $89,924 to $119,896 annually depending on qualifications and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible for other benefits such as:
- 30 days of annual vacation
- Up to 10 recuperation days
- Two weeks of vacation during the Holiday season
and, when applicable, additional benefits such as:
- Northern and housing allowance
- Social trips and food cargo
- Summer schedule
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To apply, pick one of the following ways:
- Visit our career website (https://career.kativik.qc.ca/) and click on “Apply”, or
- Send your CV to email@example.com and indicate ESADSECL2111-01 in the subject of the e-mail.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.