Position Title: Manager, Professional Learning & Educator Support – Ontario
Reporting Relationship: Vice President, Outreach and Sales
Department: Outreach and Sales
Organization Description: JUMP Math is a Canadian charity with global reach that empowers teachers and educators to multiply the potential in every classroom through research-informed, curriculum-aligned resources and approaches that ignite and nurture an enduring understanding and love of math in every student. For more information: www.jumpmath.org
Position Summary: Reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Professional Learning (PL) and working closely with JUMP Math’s Founder and sales team, the Manager, Professional Learning and Educator Support is responsible to support the retention, support and growth of JUMP Math schools and educators within a specific territory assigned to them by providing outstanding professional learning and coaching for educators to use the JUMP Math resources with fidelity.
The Manager, PL & Educator Support is responsible for stewarding educator relationships through outstanding PL and customer support and, working collaboratively with the sales team, to grow the number of new schools, school districts and classrooms using JUMP Math Teacher and Student resources. The Manager, PL & Educator Support is an ambassador that promotes the JUMP Math philosophy and approach to classroom teachers, educators, and other education stakeholders. The Manager, PL & Educator Support also gathers feedback from educators and provides input to the development and enhancement of PL initiatives and new program innovations. Finally, the Manager, PL & Educator Support attends and delivers workshops and presentations at education conferences and other events to support current and future users of JUMP Math resources.
This is a full-time role with benefits.
Location of Work: This is a role for a candidate who is resident in the Greater Toronto Area or the regional municipality of Ottawa-Carleton. It is a hybrid position with some remote work and some on-site work at schools in Ontario. Some travel is required and candidates need a valid driver’s license.
Target Salary Range: $70,000-$75,000
Qualified candidates may apply on or before September 30 to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume. Please include position title in subject line of email. Please use the cover letter to explain in one page how your qualifications match our requirements and why this job is right for you at this point in your career.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received until a suitable candidate is hired. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
JUMP Math is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. If you require accessibility accommodation, please indicate in your application. Application is only open to those legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Provides outstanding support and professional learning experiences (in person and virtually) to classroom teachers, schools, senior school leadership and community groups who are using the JUMP Math K-8 resources to further JUMP Math’s mission to create a more equitable society through mathematics education
- Works collaboratively with the Founder and the Program Innovation team by providing input to the development and refinement of new and existing professional learning initiatives and tactics
- Assists teachers and other educators to access the JUMP Math Teacher Resource Centre (via the JUMP Math website) for various teacher and student resources
- Works closely with Sales colleagues, identifies prospective school boards, schools and teachers that may be interested in implementing JUMP Math
- Gathers feedback from educators and other stakeholders to inform strategic decisions on program innovations, resources, and professional learning/coaching efforts
- Aims to increase the impact of JUMP Math pedagogy measured by the number of teachers and students using the program each year in their assigned geographic area
- Works closely with Sales colleagues to provide input on sales strategies for their territory with tactics directed at educators to learn and easily adopt the JUMP Math resources for their classrooms and schools
- Works collaboratively with colleagues, builds awareness & understanding of JUMP Math pedagogy and resources and follows up on leads as appropriate
- Generates customized professional learning plans and opportunities for teachers and other educators based on needs assessments
- Delivers and facilitates webinars (live and recorded) and professional learning sessions (virtual and in person) with educators (teachers, administrators, school representatives and other stakeholders)
- Observes JUMP Math teachers’ delivery of lessons to provide customized feedback and coaching to ensure teachers are using JUMP Math with fidelity
- Supports program implementation including follow up meetings, customized professional learning sessions and lesson demonstrations
- Supports at-risk and marginalized communities with JUMP Math implementations
- Finds, organizes, and participates in appropriate education conferences, including speaking engagements
- Supports JUMP Math pilots and research studies associated with schools, school districts or boards – identifies program and professional learning/training needs, presents JUMP Math as a solution and creates customized support plans to maximize educator success
- Communicates the efficacy of the JUMP Math program by sharing results of various randomized control trials (RTC) or other research or reports as well as coordinates engagement with JUMP Math’s Founder as appropriate to enhance use of the program
- Works collaboratively with the sales team to support schools with the ordering process if required; provides pricing and ordering information for JUMP materials and professional learning services
- Provides brief written reports of activities as required for internal (Senior Leadership) or external stakeholders (donors, funders, etc.)
- Tracks the JUMP Math user journeys in our customer relationship database to ensure effective and timely implementation of JUMP Math resources
- Confident and credible
- Intellectually curious
- Ability to think creatively and follow-through with ideas
- Personable and a strong relationship builder
- Independent and self-motivated
- Collaborative team player
- Respectful, advocate for diversity and inclusion
- Strong communication – both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Proficiency with computers and technology; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Customer Relationship databases. Video conferencing and meeting software (MS Teams, Zoom, Google Meet, etc.)
- Resourceful problem solver
Education and Experience (minimums):
- 5 years of experience as an educator; elementary or middle school preferred; (professionally certified/licensed is preferred)
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in any discipline; B.Ed. preferred; or equivalent experience
- Educational background and career in public or private education with knowledge and understanding of current school contexts
- Public speaking experience
- Experience with teaching JUMP Math is an asset but not a requirement (training will be provided)
- Experience delivering professional learning or coaching experiences: both online and in person to educators or students
- Familiarity with digital teaching and learning, mathematics tools used by schools is an asset
- A passion for education and the possibilities of math education to change lives