Competition No.: CUPE C-21-0230UE
POSTED: October 4, 2021
DEADLINE: 4:30 p.m. October 25, 2021
Accounts Payable Administrator
2 – Permanent Positions
CUPE Local 4400, Unit C – Grade J (12 Month)
$27.40 per hour
The Toronto District School Board adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable, under the direction of the Senior Accounts Payable Administrator, the Accounts Payable Administrator will:
- work in a team environment to process various types of payments to vendors, school/departments and employees;
- be responsible for identifying, verifying and resolving many types of payment discrepancies, which enables the TDSB to maintain efficiency, timely and accurate vendor/employee payments in compliance with Business Services Policies and Procedures; and
- communicate (e.g., via e-mail, telecommunications) with vendors and all levels of Board staff, to resolve payment issues and inquiries.
Summary of Duties:
- Responsible for the verification and processing of all invoices/reimbursements for the TDSB. The types of payments include, but are not limited to, those related to:
– purchase order related invoicing which includes proper tax calculations (Harmonized Sales Tax), Price and delivery variances;
– invoices (non Purchase Order related) which includes proper tax calculations (Provincial and Federal allocation of HST);
– petty cash, employee reimbursements, conferences, and utilities;
– validation of proper General Ledger account numbers and SAP Cost Object (i.e. Cost Centre, Work Orders and Network) numbers on all payment requests;
– Reconciliation of monthly Vendor statements as well as verification and reconciliation of Evaluated Receipt Settlement (ERS) Vendor’s statements;
- Co-ordinate all Purchase Card requests for new cards and changes to existing card information;
- Respond to all inquiries related to Purchase Card activity;
- Analysis of P-Card purchases on a regular basis;
- Utilize invoice optical scanning software and enterprise resource planning system to pay invoices;
- Communicate with vendors to provide payment information and resolve any and all payment and verification issues;
- Communicate with school and central department staff at all levels. Providing information, solutions and resolutions for payment processing issues and Purchase Card inquiries;
- Assist the Senior Accounts Payable Administrator, Purchasing and Information Technology Staff, to resolve payment processing issues as it relates to SAP Financial Software;
- Other duties as assigned by a Senior Accounts Payable Administrator (e.g., sorting and distribution of incoming Accounts Payable mail, filing of all processed invoices, and all preparation of cheque runs for distribution); and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Two-year community college diploma in Commerce and Finance, or Business Administration with one year’s experience in a related accounting position, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Good understanding of accounting, accounts payable and business operations;
- General knowledge of HST as it applies to school boards;
- Strong communication skills and ability to problem solve effectively with staff and vendors;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient keyboarding skills and expertise in the use of computer technology (e.g. e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, data bases and integrated Financial applications);
- Experience with SAP or other Enterprise resource planning systems in an Accounting and Accounts Payable environment;
- Good analytical skills.
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice during peak periods (e.g. year-end).
- Vacation restrictions during year-end.
Location: 5050 Yonge Street (wheelchair accessible)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Work Year: 12 month
- It is anticipated that interviews will take place within two weeks after the closing date of this competition.
- It is anticipated that the successful applicant will commence as soon as possible and practical.
Applications must be submitted:
- in résumé form with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- with competition # CUPE C-21-0230UE in the subject line
- Apply no later than 4:30pm on October 25, 2021
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance, during the application process.
Note: All Toronto District School Board Employees are required to be fully vaccinated in accordance with the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Procedure for Employees, Trustees and Other Individuals (PR734).
For new employees joining the Board, prior to the first day of work they must be fully vaccinated (subject to TDSB-approved exemptions) and show proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.